Bring me to life

---Tommy's POV---

Faded beeping could be heard as I felt a heavy weight on my body and limbs, pressing me down in the bed. Trying my best, I was unable to move, unable to speak or react to anything.

All I could do was focus on the constant beep-beep-beep of the machine to the right, the timed rush of air that coincided with the involuntary motion of my chest and the darkness behind my eyes.

"What happened....Why can't I open my eyes?"

Mentally I was frowning, wriggling around and trying my best to force this uncooperative body to wake up and listen to me. Nothing happened, and all I could do was lie down and wait.

"Why is my mind so foggy...I-I can barely think..." I thought to myself, trying to recall what happened. I remembered closing the door behind them as David and I left for our daily walk. The frigid nip of the cool air that bit at my exposed ears and nose.

"David.... we were walking to the park...and then, a car?" My mind couldn't focus on the truth but my heart hitched slightly before speeding up as I remembered the crash, both of them being crushed under the car's unyielding force.

There was a slight shuffling sound before slender fingers squeezed in my cool hand, alerting me of a presence in the room. Unable to react to the little squeeze, I soon heard a feminine sigh before the opening of a door.

"Already?"

"Mrs. Brown? What is she doing here?" I couldn't figure out why David's mom was here...Where was David himself? Was he unable to come? And where am I?

My mind was running overtime as I fought to wake up, trying to keep my ears pitched but all I heard was a soft murmuring, as if they were talking behind a solid glass wall. I could feel the surface I was laying on move slightly, judging by the wind fluttering over my face.

The beeping followed, along with the steady pumps of air before I heard unknown voices speaking. As I felt the weight slightly diminish, I fought to wake up, desperate to ask them what was going on.

"Where am I? Where is David? Is he all right?"

Something soft was settled over my mouth, a slight pressure on my wrist and then warmth rushed through my veins and instantly the heavy feeling intensified. I tried my best to stay awake, but darkness quickly swept consciousness away with me.

----

A soft groan echoed through the room, almost startling myself as I realized I managed to make that noise. Nothing happened but as I slowly managed to focus on my body, I realized I could actually feel the tips of my fingers and move them. The rest of my body felt heavy still but I felt it. The beeping was still present but the breaths I took were no longer forced in my body by a machine.

"Hmmmm...."

A soft gasp pierced through the silence before a door slammed open. "Somebody get me a doctor! He's waking up!" Footsteps instantly rushed to my general location while gentle fingers brushed over my greasy hair.

"Thomas, sweetie? Are you awake dear?" Fingers wrapped around my hand and gave a gentle squeeze. "Can you squeeze my hand honey?"

I tried, I swear I did while letting out another pathetic groan as I managed to twitch my fingers twice. It wasn't a squeeze but it was a good enough attempt to show I was awake. When Mrs. Brown let out a choked sob, I mentally frowned.

"What's going on here?"

More shuffling sounded, footsteps running towards them before Mrs. Brown let out a choked, "He woke up honey. He made it... He made it." Her voice ended in a muffled cry before I heard Mr. Brown hush her softly while muttering praises to the gods.