Alfie

After Zoe and I had eaten our gelato we had gone back to the hotel. I loved Zoe so much. She really was the best girlfriend ever. I could tell that she was exhausted from the long day we had had though. She fell asleep the instant we got back. She didn't even bother to take her makeup off. 

I slipped her shoes off and moved her under the covers before joining her. She was so excited for the first day, little did she know what was coming. I had some amazing presents to give her. She needed to be ready. 

I guess the day had been long since I fell asleep almost instantly as well. 

_________

I woke up early the next day to set up Zoe's present for that day. This time it was an actual present, not so much an experience. It was something Zoe had been wanting for a really long time and what better place to give it to her than in France? 

This box was smaller than the one from before since it held something much smaller inside. It was just a plain jewelry box with a purple bow taped on the front. I set it down on the dresser by the mirror before settling back into bed on my phone. 

Marcus and Poppy had texted me asking how things were going so far. I replied and told them how amazingly perfect things were turning out. About a half an hour after I had woken up Zoe started to stir. She opened her eyes slowly and looked down at her body, slightly confused as to why she was still in her dress. 

"You fell asleep the instant we got home," I said with a smile. "I didn't want to wake you."

"Okay," Zoe said chuckling. She stood up and started to walk to the bathroom when she spotted the box. "What's that?" she asked walking over and picking it up. She ran her finger along the edge of the ribbon. 

"Another gift for you," I said grinning. I was guessing that Zoe wasn't expecting this. 

"Another one?" she looked at the gift before looking back at me and then the gift again. 

"Open it," I said prodding her. She slipped the ribbon of and lifted the lid before gasping. 

"Alfie, you didn't," she said looking back down at the bracelet inside. She lifted it out carefully examining it in the light. "I've wanted this for ages," she said smiling widely. "How'd you know?" she asked unclasping it. 

She walked over to me and handed it to me laying out her wrist. I put it on, and removed my hands after hearing the satisfying click that meant it had shut. 

"You've been talking about it for ages, that's how I knew," I said with a grin. Zoe had been talking about this rose gold 'yes' bracelet for a very long time. Ever since she had found this shop on Etsy she had wanted to get it, but she always persuaded herself out of it. Telling herself that she already had enough jewelry. 

I could tell that she really wanted it though so I bought it for her. It was obvious she was never going to buy it herself, I had to do something. 

"Thank you," she said before kissing me on the cheek. 

"You're welcome," I said smiling up at her. And before I could say anything else she had disappeared into the bathroom. I heard the water start running at the sink and knew that Zoe would be in there for a while. 

That was okay though I still had to figure out what we were going to do all day. I knew that today was going to be our shopping day. Tanya had told me about this small street that a lot of people didn't know about with the cutest little boutiques on it. She had told me that Zoe would love it. 

I'm sure Zoe would be drawn to the Champs Elysees but we would tackle that another day. I made the bed whilst Zoe was in the bathroom. I was right, she was in there a while. Another half hour though and she was out and ready. Today she was wearing a simple black dress with a really pretty rose gold statement necklace. It matched her new bracelet perfectly. 

She ran her hands across the cold metal of the bracelet once more before walking over to me. "So what are we going to do today?" she asked. She looked at me with a brief smile before looking down again. She looked a bit sad. 

"We're going shopping," I said slowly. Zoe didn't react to my statement. Normally when I mentioned shopping she got super excited and freaked out. She usually freaked out a bit too much to my liking, that's why I always remember. "What's wrong?" I asked stroking her hand gently. 

"I just feel so bad," she said softly. "You're doing all of this for me and all I got you for Valentine's Day was a new camera," she looked down at the floor again. 

"And it was the best present I ever could have gotten," I said. I cupped her face in my hand and turned her head so she was looking at me. "You deserve every single thing I'm giving you and more, don't you ever forget that. I would get you everything you ever wanted if I could. You are deserving of anything," I said with a smile. I felt terrible that Zoe felt bad but she really did deserve all of this. She was the best girl friend I ever could have hoped for and I wanted her to know that. 

"Okay," Zoe said a bit shyly. She started to blush and gripped my hand tightly. I guess we were off again. Off into the beautiful world of Paris. I was so incredibly lucky to be here with Zoe. There was no one else I would rather be with. 

Sorry it's so short guys, I am so incredibly tired and I need to sleep now! I hope you are liking the story so far. I love you so much. ^_^ xxx