Zoe

The entire plane ride I couldn't stop telling Alfie how excited I was. I knew that I was probably annoying him, but I really was excited. I couldn't hold it in anymore. The one hour plane ride felt like an entire day to me. 

I started to shriek quietly out of joy when the loudspeaker came on above us and the flight attendants said we would be landing in ten minutes. I gripped Alfie's arm tightly. And started to smile widely. 

The next hour or so went by in such a rush. I was so incredibly happy. I held Alfie's hand the entire time as we walked through the airport and got our bags. As we sat in the cab on the way to the hotel. Once we got out of the cab though I let go of his hand and ran ahead. 

The hotel was so pretty from the outside. I looked just past it and saw the Eiffel Tower. I started to freak out a bit when I saw it. I saw the Eiffel Tower in person. Even thinking about it made me freak out a tiny bit on the inside.  

Inside the hotel it was nice and cool. There was some soothing music playing and some beautiful pictures on the wall. No one was in the lobby save for a woman at the desk. I hoped that she spoke English. Neither Alfie or I had choosen to learn even a word of French before coming. We had our phones to help us though. 

I walked up to the woman and told her mine and Alfie's name and the room number that we had reserved. She reached under her small desk and pulled out a small gold key with the number 7 printed on a tab dangling off of it. 

I took it from her and thanked her. She nodded at me and I turned squealing towards Alfie. Her accent had been so amazing. It was so beautiful. 

"What?" Alfie asked in response to me jumping up and down. 

"She had the coolest accent," I said grinning. Alfie just chuckled. I grabbed my suitcase from him and we headed down the hallway. Room 7 was at the end of the first floor. I stuck the key in the lock and turned it, unsure of what was going to be on the other side of the door. 

I slowly pulled it open and gasped at what was inside. It was the cutest little hotel room ever. I wouldn't call it high end or anything like that. It was very cutesy and quaint. Something you would see in a French magazine. 

I dropped my suitcase on the ground and walked over to the bed running my hand gently over the woven duvet. I then walked over to the bedside table admiring the somewhat antique lamps. There were a few vintage photos of Paris and the Eiffel Tower scattered about the room. It was beautiful. 

I turned to see Alfie standing in the doorway admiring the room as well. I ran towards him and gave him a large hug. I loved him so much, he was the best boyfriend in the entire world. 

"Thank you," I whispered in his ear. He didn't answer, he just kissed my ear and smiled at me. "I'm going to go wash up then we have to do some hotel room sleuthing," I dropped my handbag on the bed and walked to the bathroom. 

The bathroom was probably my favourite part of the entire room. It was much larger than one would have expected. There was blue and white tile on the floor that was cool to the touch. The sink was a bit vintage and there was a very large shower with creme tile. It was so amazing. 

I pulled a white handtowel off the rack and started to wash my face. I always felt so gross and dirty after being on an aeroplane. Washing my face felt so amazing. I could hear Alfie moving around in the main room and I was wondering what he was doing. I just smiled into the mirror, I was so incredibly happy. It felt like such a nice change to be happy for once. 

I ran my hand up and down the intricate gold edging on the mirror. There were so many beautiful touches in the entire room if you just looked closely. The edging on the mirror, the flowers etched on the sink. It was all perfect. 

After washing my face I folded up my towel and placed it back on the rack. I looked in the mirror one last time before opening the door. Alfie was sitting on the bed on his phone. There was a small wrapped box next to him. I walked over to him with a curious look on my face. 

"What's this?" I asked pointed the box which was wrapped in polka dot paper. It was very neatly wrapped. Too neatly for Alfie. It would have taken him forever to make it look this nice. 

"It's for you," he said with a grin. He clicked off his phone and set it down. 

"What do you mean?" I asked sitting next to him. I lifted my feet up on the bed and sat cross-legged. I was still a little confused. Why would Alfie have a gift for me? It wasn't a special occasion or anything. 

"Just open it," he said handing it to me. I ran my finger underneath the tape and lifted off the paper gently. It was just a cardboard box. I folded up the paper neatly before returning my attention back to the box. I opened it slowly and smiled at what was inside. 

It was a miniature, pink, version of the Eiffel Tower. There was a small note attatched inside. I lifted it out and opened it. Alfie's messy scrawl filled the entirety of the page. I read the note quickly before letting out a shriek. 

Dear Zo,

We're in France! I know you might want to relax tonight and order room service and just hang out with me, but wouldn't you rather have dinner in the Eiffel Tower? You and me at 7 o'clock, the Eiffel Tower. Just to let you know, it sparkles every hour. :)

Love, Alf 

After I finished reading through the note once I reread it to make sure that I had read everything correctly. I folded the letter back up and returned it to the box. 

"You did not," I said looking at Alfie expectantly. 

"I so did," he said with a wicked grin. I shrieked again and threw myself at him, hugging him tightly. I had the best boyfriend ever. 

xxx