Alfie

I had a blast filming with Jim. It took us ages to film anything half-way good though. We just ended up laughing the entire time. And the good bits that we had filmed ended up being out of focus so we had to refilm them. I didn't mind though, I loved spending time with Jim. He was an amazing friend. 

After we had finished two videos, one for my channel and one for his Jim stood up. "I guess I'll go keep Zoe company now. I'll call in Tan for you," he said with a smile. He always had a smile on his face whenever he mentioned Tanya. I thought that was the cutest thing in the world. 

"Alright," I said softly. 

He walked over to the door and opened it summoning Tanya to me. He left the room to join up with Zoe. Right before Tanya shut the door on her way in I heard Zoe laugh at something Jim has said. I smiled widely. 

______________

"When will I see you again?" I breathed into Zoe's ear. Our week at Tanya and Jim's was up and I didn't think I would be saying this but, I didn't want to leave. I had had such an amazing time with Zoe and with Tanya and Jim. 

They were amazing friends and I was so glad I got to spend more time with them. Zoe was going back to Bath now though and I was going back to London. We were going back to our boring lives. And the realisation that we lived two hours apart was dwelling on us yet again. 

"When I come down for the Harry Potter Studios Tour," she whispered back in my ear causing shivers to roll down my spine. 

"That's too long away," I murmured softly. 

"It's only a few weeks and we'll skype everyday," she said turning towards me with a smile. I leaned in and kissed her on the forehead. 

"I love you," I said quietly for only her to hear. 

"I love you too."

___________

I had been back in London for four days and I missed Zoe. A lot. I had gotten so used to being in her presence constantly now it just felt weird to not have her near me. I just had to keep telling myself how amazing it was going to be once I got to see her again. 

Louise had told me that we were going to get to be staying at the Grove Hotel after the studio tour. I had looked the place up and was surprised that we were staying at such a nice place. Then Louise had asked me about the rooming deal. 

Tanya apparently was setting up the rooms and she needed to know where everyone was going to sleep. Matt, Louise's husband, was going on this trip so she obviously wouldn't be sharing with Zoe. Tanya and Jim were going to share as well. 

That just left Joe, Zoe, and I. Of course it would make a lot of sense for Joe and Zoe to share and for me to get the single. But after a bit of persuasion I had let Zoe agree to have us share. She just warned be about how we had to be careful and bla-bla-bla. 

Zoe and I had been skyping every night since we parted ways back in Norwich. I always looked forward to eight o'clock now. I got to see Zoe's beautiful face, what was better than that? 

Right before eight I picked up my computer and started to get settled. I sat down on my bed and combed through my hair with my hand. Even though it was just a skype call I still wanted to look my best for Zoe. 

Exactly at eight o'clock my computer started to make the tone I was so accustomed to. I quickly clicked the accept button for the call and smiled as the image of Zoe started to appear on my screen. 

"Hey Alf," she said with a large smile. 

"Zoe," I said with an equally large grin. I started to open my mouth to speak when Zoe started to talk.

"So there was something I wanted to talk to you about," she said slowly looking straight at me. 

"What would that be?" I said starting to fidget a bit. What if Zoe didn't want to share a room anymore? Was she getting too stressed for us to be in a relationship anymore? I knew that I was overthinking but it could be any one of those things. 

"I don't think I want to tell the viewers. Like ever," she said softly looking away from the camera. She started to play with the hem of her nightshirt. I could see that she was crying. 

"Zo, don't cry. We don't have to tell them anything. They aren't important. It's just you and me, you and me," I said. I hated when Zoe made me cry. It always made me want to cry as well and I did not want to cry tonight. 

"Alfie, I love you so much but I don't know if we're going to work out. The stress is too much for me to handle," before she had even finished her sentence I froze. Worst was coming to worst. 

"Zoe don't say that. We can make it work," I said a bit flustered. This could not be happening. My worst nightmare was coming true. I knew Zoe loved me so why was she going to do this. 

"Okay," she said softly. The tears were still rolling down her face landing with small splashes in her lap. "I- I love you Alf," she mumured. 

"I love you too," I said softly. Damnit, I was crying now too. "You've made me cry," I said with a small laugh. 

Zoe started to giggle. She reached up and wiped away some of her own tears. "I'll see you soon okay Alf?" she asked. This was the way we always ended out skypes. Never goodbye, just a see you soon. It left our options open. 

Why was she ending the call now though? We usually talked for hours about completely meaningless things. This was very odd. I didn't want to push my luck though. She was obviously not feeling too well, I needed to give her space. 

"See you soon," I said before moving my curser over to click the end button. 

"I love you," Zoe said once more before the call was disconnected. I shut my laptop and pushed it to the end of my bed before flopping backwards onto the pillows with a sigh. I reached up and wiped away more of my tears. I imagined Zoe in Bath doing the same thing. Why was I crying?

Just then Caspar walked past my room. He looked in and saw me crying. "Girl troubles?" he asked with a knowing smile. 

"You don't know the half of it," I replied softly. 

xxx