Alfie

I woke up the next day with a roaring headache. At first I was confused but then everything that had happened the night before came flooding back to me. My fight with the Zoe and me crying myself to sleep. I had tried desperately not to cry but I had failed epically. 

I had never had a fight this big with Zoe before and I was scared as to where our relationship now stood. I really was. I loved Zoe so much and I would do anything to make her happy, but I was afraid that the only way to do that was to call things off. 

I couldn't do that. 

When I walked into the kitchen I heard Caspar in the shower. He always sung at the top of his lungs whilst showering. I laughed a bit before sitting down at the table. I wasn't really hungry so I don't know exactly why I came into the kitchen. 

I just didn't want to be in my bedroom right now. There were too many memories of the night before and I just didn't want to think about that. Right as I was about to move to the living room my phone rang. I answered before even looking at who was calling. 

"Alfie, we have to talk. I'm coming to London to see a friend but I'm visiting your place first."

"Louise?" I asked a bit baffled. Why would Louise have to talk to me?

"I'll be there in two hours," she said before hanging up. I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye. Louise probably had something important to tell me then, she usually never came to my flat in London I always went to her in Northampton. 

Caspar walked into the kitchen grabbing an apple from the table. He was wearing nothing spare for a white towel wrapped around his waist. 

"Feeling better?" he asked before taking a large bite of the red fruit. 

"Not really," I grumbled. He was bringing back all the things I didn't want to think about right now. He was making everything harder even though he thought he was making it better. 

"Mate, I've had plenty of girlfriends," he said sitting down next to me. I just scoffed a bit, of course he had had loads. Zoe was my first serious girlfriend though I didn't really know what to do about this problem. It had probably happened to Caspar loads before though. "And all I have to say is that if it's meant to be it will be."

"That's oddly poetic for you," I said with a hint of a smile. 

"I can be poetic when I want," he said with a wink. He then turned on his heel and walked back into the corridor turning into his room and shutting the door with a loud click. I sighed, I guess he was right. Everything would work out if it was meant to be. I really hoped that it was. 

___________

I spent the next two hours tidying up the house for Louise and getting ready myself. I also spent some of those two hours on the computer. I know, I'm so productive. 

Exactly two hours after Louise had called there was a knock at the door. Louise was freakily on time. I stood up a bit shakily and walked to the door, unlocking it and pulling it open. Louise walked in before I could say anything. 

"Alfred, we need to talk," she said sitting herself down on the couch. I shut the door and locked it again before walking over and sitting next to her. 

"About what?" I asked a bit worried. I didn't want this to be like the night before. I never wanted to loose Louise's friendship. She was almost as important to me as Zoe herself.

"Zoe. She is nervous about telling the viewers but not telling them is tearing her apart," Louise started. She then told me all of the panic attacks Zoe had had since we had gotten together. After that she told me how many times Zoe had called her reagarding the situation and the number of times that Zoe had cried about it. 

I didn't realise that our relationship had this affect on Zoe. And I knew it wasn't just us being together it was the viewers. The shippers. The hard-core ones that stalked our every move. Zoe was paranoid that something would slip loose, some little detail would be over analysed and we would be outed. 

I was nervous too, but Zoe with her anxiety took the worrying to an extreme. I hadn't realised any of this until Louise brought it to my attention. 

"Why are you telling me this now?" I asked looking at Louise who had a very sad look about her. 

"Zoe's going to break soon, I love her too much to let that happen," she said looking down at her phone breifly before returning her eyes to mine. 

"What do I do?" I asked even though I knew what her answer was going to be. 

"Tell the viewers, it's the only way." She said it in a smug tone like she had known all along that this was going to happen. 

"I'll talk to Zoe about it-" I started to say but Louise cut me off.

"She's never going to let to you do it, but if you really love her you're going to have to," she said handing me my phone. It was open to twitter, Louise had already started a new tweet for me. I took the phone in my shaking hands. "Do it for Zoe," she said glaring at me. 

"I don't know if I should-"

"Do it."

xxx