Brothas Bestie (03)

Start from the beginning

"—because he told me he thinks she's the one for him. Like he wants her and so I told him to go for it since she's seems happy when talking to him. And I only want her to be happy."

You grew nervous as you listened for a reply from Dylan. "Unbelievable..."

The sound of the doorbell made you jump back, but afraid of being caught eavesdropping, you decided to run down the steps and answer your door. "Walker?"

"Hey (y/n)," Walker said with a gentle smile. "Can I come in?" He asked and you stepped aside, closing the door behind him.

"Why are you here?" You asked lightly, not wanting to offend him. He looked around your hallway. There were pictures of your brother and you in elementary school, pictures of your family on vacation, and artsy photos which lined the hallway wall.

You heard footsteps coming down the stairs and your brother greet you two. "Oh," he said with a smirk. "Hey Walker."

Walker sent him a nod, then turned his attention back to you. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out maybe," he placed his hand on your shoulder and drew closer, and a loud sound of feet stomping on the ground drew your attention to Dylan. His eyes burned into Walkers head.

"Walker?" He said skeptical, annoyance deep in his tone, hidden under the surprise laced in his tone. "Nice to see you man, wanna hang?" He asked trying to drag him away from you.

Walker shook his head. Your brother looked in between Dylan and you with a raised eyebrow. "No." Walker replied shortly before looking back at you.

Dylan wasn't going to let him get away that easy as he stepped closer to Walker and forced a smile. "C'mon, you can't just be here for her?" He said sarcastically, his eyes meeting yours. "You should hang with me and—"

"Leave them alone Dylan," said your brother and Dylan forced another smile, his eyes darkening as he turned to look at your brother.

You decided it was time for you to cut in. You took Walkers hand and gently removed it from your shoulder. "Look Walker I'm flattered you asked me out, I really am," you stole a glance at Dylan to see him clenching his jaw as he spoke with your brother. He was jealous, and you thought it was cute, but part of you remembered his insult. And there was no way you were going to let him get away with that. "But I'm just not interested in dating right now."

Walker nodded and slumped his shoulders before heading towards the door. Dylan stopped talking and watched you follow him. Before Walker left you gave him a kiss on the cheek and whispered goodbye into his ear. His cheeks lightened into a rosy pink color before he walked outside. You closed the door after he was out.

Turning around you saw Dylan glaring at you, his eyes dark and his fists balling then flattening out. You walked right by him, into the kitchen to grab an apple. You almost didn't notice he followed you. As you turned around he was only a foot away. "Hey," you said perkily, ignoring the angry look on his face.

"What the hell was that?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest and stalking towards you until he was inches away.

"I had to make a scene for my brother otherwise he would've been able to tell about... You know..." You let your voice trail off as he rolled his eyes. "Calm down, Dylan, it didn't mean anything." You said annoyed.