9- Making Plans

Maria's P.O.V.

"You guys have any plans for tonight?" I ask my fellow Southeast Asians while on my phone, busy texting my friends back in the Philippines.

"Lien and I are off to the zoo to check out the elephants." Kasem smiles like he does all the time, and puts his arm around Lien's shoulder, causing her to blush.

"I'm with Hlaing and Kina tonight." Achariya says. "We have plans, sorry we couldn't bring the rest of you along."

I turn to Alisa, who is still panicking about what happened with Arthur. I sigh. "Maya, it has been two days already. Can't you just accept the fact that he likes you back?"

"HE'S LYING TO ME." She places her hands on both my shoulders. "HE... HE ONLY SAID THAT BECAUSE HE KNEW. SOMEBODY TOLD HIM. I KNOW IT'S ONE OF YOU GUYS. I DON'T TRUST ANY OF YOU. NOW TELL ME WHO YOU ARE OR I'LL FEED YOU TO MY UNCLE'S PET TIGER."

I roll my eyes. "Maya, please. Just... calm down, okay? You're overreacting."

She calms herself down by going back to her seat to take deep breaths while her eyes are calmly closed. After her third exhale, she stops and opens her eyes. "Yeah, you're right. I have been overreacting. Sorry."

Kirana pats her on the back.

"Oh sh*t, Arthur's here." Alisa cussed.

A certain Britishman walks in the cafeteria, almost making some girls faint. He may have eyebrows that some people mistake for as caterpillars, but I have to admit, he's quite attractive. He still can't beat Antonio Fernandez Carriedo on this one. Antonio is the most attractive guy in the school, while Lovino is the most charming. Yup, it always has to be the Latinos.

"He's walking towards us," I hear Kirana whisper to Alisa, who is starting to get even more nervous.

And Kirana wasn't lying, Arthur really is approaching us. Or to be exact, Maya Lisa.

"Alisa? Do you have plans for tonight?"

"Actually-" Alisa starts, but Kirana and I immediately covered her mouth before she could lie about having plans for tonight.

"She doesn't!" Kirana grins at Arthur, I nod in agreement and grin as well. "She's completely free tonight."

"Oh, alright then. Maya, I'll pick you up at six." He winks at Maya before turning on his heel and walking away to sit with his half-brothers on a table; a Scottish, a Welsh, and two Irish. All attractive even with such thick eyebrows.

Kirana was looking all proud, while Alisa was... giving her a deathly glare. I could sense the dark aura around Maya and her anger towards Kirana.

Because she wasn't noticing this, I tapped the Indonesian on the shoulder and gestured at a frustrated-looking friend of ours. Kirana begins to panic and run out of the cafeteria while Alisa chases after her. I, along with the other Southeast Asians, laugh. Typical Kirana and Alisa.

+++

I met up with Kirana on the hallway during dismissal. Alisa had already went home, probably wanting to quickly get ready for her date later on with Arthur.

"So, are you free tonight?" I ask the Indonesian.

"Yup, where do you wanna g-"

There was a sound coming from a phone; a notification. It's definitely not mine, because I'm currently holding my phone texting my friends back from the Philippines. Kirana takes her phone out of her pocket, her eyes widened once she saw her notification. I raise a brow at her, "So...?"

"It's a text from Tim," she tells me as she tries to control her breath. Tim Morgens is the Dutch cousin of our good friend Laura Maes who is a Belgian, and is Kirana's ex-boyfriend.