1- Worst Seat

Maria's P.O.V.

Hey! I'm Maria Clara de la Cruz, and I'm just your average 18 year old girl. Today is the first day of being a senior here in Hetalia High School, and there are so many things that I finally get to do.

I see my besties Kirana and Alisa sitting on the grass. Only seniors can do that. It's strictly prohibited for freshmen and sophomores to sit on the grass and as for the juniors, they can only sit there for 10 minutes. Us seniors can sit here FOREVER.

I sit with my best friends and we talk about how our summer vacation went. It seems like Alisa just stayed at home. Kirana, on the other hand, returned to Indonesia. But it wasn't in her hometown Jakarta, she went on a vacation in Bali and FORGOT TO BRING US ALONG. I tell them about my return in Manila.

I have been here in United States for 3 years now, and it's great. Even though most of us are just so different, it's much better and we get along with each other more than we get along with the people from our countries.

There is still 20 minutes before class, so we talked a little longer. After that, we went to explore the rooms (which only seniors can go inside) in this school building.

"This is so cool! We're finally seniors!" Kirana squeals.

"Yeah, but summer vacation is over and it's back to classes." Alisa rolls her eyes.

"Well, for me, I have nothing to worry about this school year." I smile proudly

"Oh yeah? How about... your ex?"

"Maya!" Kirana hits Alisa's shoulder with her elbow.

"Thanks a lot for reminding me about that." I look at Alisa, who is grinning. "Oh! I just remembered something." I take my phone out, and take a selfie with Kira and Alisa. Good thing there's wi-fi in this school. I post it on Instagram saying '#FIRSTDAYASSENIORS'.

A while later, the bell starts to ring.

"Oh shit!" Maya cusses. "We better get to class now!""

We nod and immediately run downstairs to the homerooms, screaming.

When we reached there, it was crowded as always.

"So which homeroom are you in?" I ask them.

"Homeroom 3." They say in unison. They look at each other and high-five. "Jinx!"

I look at my schedule and frown. "Homeroom 1.... but at least I'm still with you guys in PE and Social Studies, with Kirana in Physics, and with Maya in English!"

"Damn, seems like you're with your ex in the homeroom though." Alisa says.

"What? How did you know he's in Homeroom 1 too?"

"Arthur told me."

"Ooooh, Arthur, huh?" Kirana winks at her, nudging her shoulder.

"Shut up," Maya snaps, though she's blushing a little. "I don't even like him. Besides, I'm not even that close with him. He's just... I don't know, someone I admire."

"A crush?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

"No, it couldn't be a crush~" Kirana smiles. "A crush only lasts for 4 months, and Maya has already liked him for a few years, so she's in love with him~"

"Let's just get to class." Alisa grabs Kirana by the wrist and drags her along to class while Kira teases her about being in love with Arthur.

I open the door to Homeroom 1, and step in.

"So I see you're late again." Our new homeroom teacher says. I've known her before. She is strict, but is a good person.

"Sorry..."

"That's fine since today is the first day, just don't be late again, alright?"

I nod my head with a smile, and scan all over the classroom. The only vacant seat was behind Kiku, in front of Lizzie, and in between Alfred and Antonio.

Oh, how great! I'm sitting in between my two ex boyfriends (-_-) and behind the pervert. Good thing I'm sitting in front of someone who is one of my closest friends from Europe.

"You shouldn't have been late," Lizzie whispers to me. "You could've gotten to choose a seat that's not near anyone you hate."

I sigh. "Yeah."