Chapter 1- The devil

"You're only given one little spark of madness you mustn't lose it."

- Robin Williams

To my loyal readers,

                                        Yes i am in love with the name Sebastian 

~♡~

*Monday 27th of July*

I grab a cup from the broken cupboard turning on the kitchen sink tap, I pour my mum a glass of water and grab her pills from the worktop

"Mum you need to take your medication" I sigh sliding it across the table, she glares at me.
"We can't afford for me to take it every day" she reminds me. I groan in frustration, money was always a problem since my dad went missing, my mum was diagnosed with severe depression and bipolar disorder a few months after, meaning she would have to be on quite a few tablets a day, which weren't cheap.

It also doesn't help since she stopped working, I applied for many jobs but my juvenile record put people off from imploing me.

"Yes, but if u don't you'll get worse" I sigh remembering her mental breakdowns she would have locking herself in her room and not eating for days.

"Maybe I'll just have a nap" she says getting up.

"Woman sit" I say serious, she folds her arms and sits down hesitantly
"Now take it" I plead, "please mum" I add giving her my puppy eyes.
She sighs knowing she can't resist them
"Fine" she says placing them on to her tongue and sipping a glass of water.

"Now you can have a nap" I say smiling and standing up from the table.
I check my watch, I have a street fight in 20 minutes, if I win I could get $400 from this which will pay for this month's rent and some mums medication.
"I'm going out" I say grabbing my jacket from the behind the chair.
"it's late" my mum says worried.
"i'll be fine" I say kissing her forehead before walking out the kitchen.

We live in a small 2 bed apartment in brooklyn. It's cheap for Brooklyn, the owner of the building was best friends with my dad so he's helping us out,

"Remember to bolt the door!" I call put to her, we may live in brooklyn but we live in a dangerous area, which mean extra locks and a baseball bat by the front door.
I step out the apartment closing the door behind me, I lock it shoving the keys into my pocket and walk to the stairs.

"Evening Bill" I say to the homeless man that leaves on the staircase.
"Going out to a fight this late?" He says, Bill is a pretty nice guy to talk too, once when my mum had one of her mental breakdowns and locked me out of the apartment I spent the night talking to him.

"Yeah gonna win big this time" I say high fiving him.
"if you do bring me back dinner" he smiles, I chuckle and smile back,
"of course" I say walking by him.
"Good luck kid" he says waving good bye to me. I nod in his direction and continue down the stairs.

~♤~

I walk the cold and dark streets of brooklyn, breathing in the thick air, I start to hear cheering so I speed up knowing I'm getting closer.

"Who will verse the beast?!" I voice shouts from the crowd, "Winner gets one grand!!"

1k!!!! Fuck yes, the beast sounds familiar from somewhere. How bad could it be? Few broken ribs? Nothing I haven't had before.

The crowd is silent with a few mumbles, "I'll do it!!" I shout standing on my tip toes I'm 5'6 but in a crowd full of 9ft ogres with tree trunks as arms which means I have to stand on my tip toes.

Heads turn my way and a man bursts out laughing, others join him in a matter of seconds, my cheeks turn red with anger, kinda like tinkerbell.
"1 grand right? Move aside" I say shoving my way through the crowd slightly pissed.

I walk into the middle of the crowd where there's men are huddled in a circle.
"Where's this beast then??" I say looking around the circle with my eyebrows raised. A grunt comes from behind me and I mentally curse.

I'm going to have a fight with a freaking grizzly bear.

I turn around he bump into a mountain. Wait. Now I'm not the best with geography and stuff but I'm 100% sure that there's not a mountain in the middle of brooklyn.

Mother of christ. I'm going to die.

I look up and step backwards.
"Heard of personal space?" I sass folding my arms to the grizzle bear in front of me, he's about 6'3 with elephant legs and arms you might mistake for tree trunks.

Dear god,
Tell Hell to prepare for me I will be there shortly
Amen

"This is 1 grand? Pleaseeeee I could kick this princesses ass in my sleep" I say placing one hand on my hip.

Now, picture 'the thing' from fantastic four had a baby with a bear, who married godzilla and they had a baby. This thing in front of me is the product of that, now compared to him I'm a jelly bean.

I need to learn to kept my mouth closed

"This is what I fight" the beast says in a German accent laughing, sounding like a dying donkey.

I glare at him clenching my fist, he smirks at me pissing me off completely. I put on a innocent face with puppy eyes and bite my lip, telling him to come closer with my index finger. He leans forward letting off his guard - which he probably didn't have on in the first place - I smile in his face then a spilt second later punch him straight in the jaw managing to hit him in his nose as well.

"Jelly bean power" I whisper to myself chuckling

He staggers back holding his jaw then wipes he's nose with his other hand. "Bitch" he spits his eyes turning black with anger.
"What's wrong Princess? Someone not take there nap today?" I say taking out my right earring.
Gasps are heard in the crowd but I pretend not to notice.

"Enough" I deep voice growls from behind me, I take a sharp inhale of breath "Look man this is my money-"I say turning around but stop my self mid sentence as I stand there in pure horror.

"N-nevermind" I gulp my voice cracking slightly i take a step back bumping into the beast who growls, "Gosh darn look at the time-" I say checking my wrist. I mentally sigh at the fact I'm checking the wrong wrist. I quickly change to my other wrist and start again,
"Gosh darn look-" I start
"Shut up!" The man shouts making me shut up completely, this man being Sebastian Phoneix but shhhhhhhhhh your not suppose to say his name, since it's bad luck or something.

"Oohhhhh! The beast! That's where it's from" I say in my head. Right? Oh for fucksake.

"What did I tell you to do" he growls taking a few steps closer to me I shrink back, you know, not wanting to DIE!!

"To shut up-" I stop myself covering my mouth with my hand. He stops walking once he's dangerously within my personal bubble. He looks upwards towards the beast

"Dismissed" he says simply the beast moves away from me and I stumble back releasing I must of been leaning on him.

Sebastian grabs my arm steading me digging his finger nails into my arm, I flinch but he doesn't let go.
"Name" he states far too close for my liking, even if he did look like an angel, I can't tell him my name! He can track anyone in, he probably find out were I live in a matter of minutes.
"Sebastian!" I say panicking.

Let's just take a moment to curse the fact that I'm a complete idiot, I'm far worse than the stupid Idiots who say
"is anyone there!" In a horror movie.

"No. That's my name, try again" he says tightening his grip on my arm,
"Stranger danger" I whisper not backing down, his green eyes turn dark and a low growl comes from his throat.
In a swift movement he lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder, I let out a high pitched scream.

~♤~

Hoped u enjoyed that,
Please comment, vote & share
Words: 1388
-Bbb