18 - Kagehina (fluff)

Requested by: NuttyThenutjob (every time I read your username I laugh xD)

/If I have time/ if I remember I'll also write you some Ukatake/

"PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Hinata whines, for what feels like, to Kageyama, for the millionth time in one day, "It would be fun!" Sure, it would be fun... Kageyama thinks, If I could sing well... I sound like a sick cat! He is about to say yet another "no" when he sees it, the glimmer of hope in Hinata's beautiful eyes.

"Fine, but" the rest of his sentence goes unheard due to Hinata's celebratory screeching. Kageyama has never heard Hinata sing, and he hopes that he is good... After all, he can only take so much screeching before getting a headache, and in turn getting grumpy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WAHHHHHHHHHHH I'm going to sing this one! I love this song!" Hinata screeches, before selecting Nothing to My Name by Cui Jian. Kageyama tries to hide is disgust... The song is old and is in a foreign language. What does Hinata see in a song like that? With a small sigh, he waits for Hinata to sing.

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Hinata can sing!

Hinata, despite not knowing Chinese, imitates the sounds... Using the faint voice heard in the background to guide him on pronunciation. As he sings, Kageyama finds his gaze wandering... Wandering from Hinata's eyes to his lips, to his neck, to.... After admiring various aspects of Hinata's appearance, Kageyama gazes at the screen. Much to his surprise, there are Japanese subtitles.

One of the lines of the song...

I want to grab you by the hands,

and take you away with me.

Catches Kageyama's attention.

This song is a love song? Why is Hinata singing a love song? Why is he singing a love song to him?

When the song fades away, Hinata trembles like a leaf in the autumn wind. "K-Kageyama," he stammers, "I s-sang that s-song because it r-reminded me of y-you... I really like you!" His singing was a love confession!?!

"I really like the song! I mean me! I mean..." Kageyama says, with a bright blush upon his cheeks. Hinata is quick to interrupt him.

"Don't worry, I know what you meant."

/ 一无所有 (Nothing to My Name) is one of my favorite songs, ever!/