three; tobias

^^isn't she just glowing??

+ + +
T r i s
4:19 PM
+ + +

As I bite the edge of my lip, I look across the room at how everybody is gathering with their friends to discuss something interesting, while I'm here alone in my seat, all my clients talking to their significant other.

This is the main reason why I don't come to many of these banquets; everybody neglects me and isolates me from their conversations, leaving me looking like a fool for not having anybody to talk to.

I glance down at my wrist as I look at the time, gritting my teeth as I realize that this banquet isn't over for half an hour.

If it were up to me then I would get up immediately and drive home, but here I am, stuck here, because I don't want to make a bad impression.

For the past hour, I've tried desperately to eliminate everything that had happened with Evelyn and Tobias.

On the plus side, I met a CEO and learned that she knows who I am and I got introduced to a very handsome man who can't be much older than I am.

On the negative side, when they were serving food, I had been completely tense about how I was sitting in between both of them and now I have to wait half an hour of my life before I get to vanish into my small home in the suburban section of Chicago. And also, I dropped a full cup of water on Evelyn.

That man, Tobias. It's like no matter how hard I try, he isn't leaving my mind. It's been years since I've felt any contact of a guy near my hands and surprisingly, the feeling of his hand gently wrapped around my thin wrist. But at the same time, I can't get Evelyn out of my head either.

Some people would consider me some sort of stalker if they found out how many articles or biographies that I've read on Evelyn.

I haven't had much access to getting close to her personal life, but based off what I read, she only has had one divorce in her life before she married Marcus.

For years of my life, I've desired to meet her and get to see her in person. But then I would stop myself quickly as I realized how embarrassing and nervous I would be, it would not be good for my health what so ever.

My eyes shut while I inhale sharply as Tobias sits down beside me, placing a hand on his forehead.

I traverse to gnawing on my cheek, surprised to find that it isn't swollen yet or anything like that.

"Why aren't you talking to anybody?" He asks while turning towards me, letting his hand drop and smirking just the slightest. I feel my head get dizzy and airy like I've just met a celebrity who I look up to.

But what I don't understand is why I feel like this about Tobias.

I release a sigh, forcing myself to remain composed and collected without acknowledging my sweaty palms.

"No reason, I just don't really want to talk to anybody right now. I-I'm sort of tired," I respond while passing him a smile, learning that it actually is a genuine one. Not very often do people act like they care about my well-being.

Tobias laughs softly while crossing his arms, leaning back in his seat while staring up at the chandelier that dangles above us.

"I just want to say that I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable before," by the way that he looks at me with raised eyebrows, I'm willing to bet that he can read the confusion written on my face. "With Evelyn and all, I didn't mean to make things, I don't know, awkward or anything."