Verge of Tears

You gasped and widened your eyes at Ame.

"Sh-She can't be alive still....My dad saw her get shot by poachers-I mean Akise and his step father!" You exclaimed a little angry and confused at the same time. Ame frowned and walked over to you with the two small pieces of paper.

"See for yourself," he murmured as you grabbed the pieces of paper from out of his hands.

You stared at the papers closely and then frowned at what you saw.
One read , "Alive" and the other read "(M/N)[mom name]".

"I-I....dad committed suicide to be reunited with mom...s-so he d-died for nothing?!? What the hell! Why does this world have to toy with me!?!" You screamed as you threw the papers onto the carpeted floor and tangled your fingers into your tangled hair.

Ame and Ari gave you a worried look as you were on the verge of tears.

"(Y/N) maybe you should check my step father's pockets to see if there's anymore information," Ari recommended as he walked over to you, placing a hand on your shoulder. You nodded slowly and smiled.

"Okay," you muttered under your breath as you carefully stood up. Your knees and legs still ached from the fight with Akise but you managed to get up by yourself.

You wobbled over to the bloodied man lying on the floor and then stumbled onto the floor next to him. You scrunched your nose up as the blood scent soared up your nose. You gagged a little as you checked the dead man's pockets for any more information.

Your eyes widened as you fingers brushed against the corner of what seemed like a picture.

You narrowed your eyes cautiously and curious as you began to slip the picture out of the pocket.

You held the picture with both your hands and stared down at it, while Ari and Ame hovered over you.

Your eyes widened.

'It's mom...dad....me....and......May' you thought sadly as you thought about all of them.

You held a image of you standing next to your mom and May sitting on top of your dad's shoulders with a huge grin on her face. You smiled at the image and began to remember that day you took the picture.

~flashback start~
"Mom! Mom! Look at this flower I found! Isn't it pretty?!?" A younger you bellowed out at your mother. Your mother smiled sweetly at you and approached you. In your hand lied a (f/f) [fav flower] that was wilting away at the tips.
"Why do you think it's pretty when it wilting away?" Your mother asked you curious. You stared at her for a moment and then at the flower.
"Well it's the same flowers that were in the bouquet you held on your wedding day," you explained as you smiled at the flower in your palm.
Your mother smiled at you and stroked your hair back out of your face.
"Hey! (Y/N)! Mommy! Look at me!!!" May exclaimed as she came racing over on dad's shoulders.
Dad was chuckling as May giggled. As they grew closer to you, you quickly took out your brand new camera.
"C'mon guys! Let's take a picture!" You chirped happily.
"Okay sweetie," you mom whispered to you.
~end flashback~
Tears laid on the corner of your eyes as your memory ended. You wiped them away quickly with one of your hands.

"I-I took this picture when my mother was still with us...she was really happy and joyful," you murmured with a small but sad smile.

Ame stared at you for a while and then sighed.

"(Y/N) will you join me and Ari on an adventure to go search for your mother?" He asked with a soft smile. Your eyes lit up with excitement and happiness as you stood up quickly.

You ended up falling back onto the ground which slightly startled Ame and Ari. You giggled and looked up at them.

"Okay..first lets get out of this place and go back to my house for supplies and then go search for her!" You stated cheerfully.

"Sure lets get going," Ari chirped as he helped you stand up off the ground.

'Don't worry mom...I'm coming for you'