Girl Meets Farkle

~8~

~A couple of days later~

Farkle stared up at his ceiling, at Pluto to be exact. Riley was running around in his mind, and he couldn't get her out.

Riley, Riley, Riley.

Farkle shut his eyes tight.

I can't do this. I can't keep this secret anymore.

He was beginning to hyperventilate and felt as if his chest was about to collapse in. He sat up and calmed his breathing. He would go to Riley's right now, he would tell her everything.

And whatever happens after that is out of my control. But I have to tell her.

He grabbed his coat and ran out.

It was almost 11PM, and Riley was curled up in her bed, reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the millionth time. Her lamp lit the room dimly, as the rain thundered down outside.

Her bedroom window was suddenly opened, and a dark, wet figure climbed in.

"Farkle?" Riley said, sitting up in her bed.

It's now or never Farkle, tell her. Actually tell her this time.

"Farkle what are you doing here?" Riley asked, still in her bed, her heart beating so fast she was sure it was about to break through her chest. "You're soaking."

"Riley, I- I need to tell you something," he managed to say.

Riley could've sworn her heart actually stopped, "What?"

There's no going back now, you have to tell her.

"Riley," he took a deep breath.

Go for it.

Riley's eyes were fixated on Farkle's face. She couldn't blink, she couldn't tear them away.

This has to be a dream.

"I like you," he said quickly, he couldn't bring himself to say love, not yet. "I really like you, Riley. I've liked you for so long. Like, I like like you. So much. And if you don't like me back, that's okay. I just- I needed you to know."

Riley was still staring at Farkle, she couldn't believe her ears.

This can't be real.

"Riley? Are you okay?" Farkle asked.

Shit, I blew it, she doesn't like me, she doesn't want to be friends.

Riley's heart was beating so fast.

He likes me, this is real, this isn't a dream. He really likes me.

"Just please say we can still be friends, Riley. Please. I couldn't survive if we weren't-"

But he was cut off, as Riley jumped out of her bed, and ran over to him; wrapping her arms tightly around his neck, she kissed him.

Farkle froze, completely shocked, and then he melted into the kiss, placing his hands around Riley's lower back.

They got lost in the kiss; it was the realest thing either of them had ever felt. Riley didn't care that Farkle was sopping wet, she wanted to kiss him forever.

It was even better than Farkle had ever imagined.

It was messy, but it was real. Nothing could beat that.

When the final broke apart, Riley giggled and pressed her forehead to Farkle's, closing her eyes.

This is really happening. That really happened. I kissed Farkle.

She smiled.

"So does that mean you like me back?" Farkle asked.

Riley didn't even have to open her eyes to know where his lips where to kiss him again. She knew his face perfectly.

Then she stepped back and opened her eyes, "Of course I like you, you idiot."

It was Farkle's turn to smile and kiss her, one hand on her back, the other on her warm cheek.

Riley had never felt so alive; her whole body seem to be coursing with electricity.

When they broke apart, Riley was grinning, her chest heaving and her heart beating fast, for a completely different reason than it had been ten minutes ago.

Farkle grinned back at her. He could look into her eyes forever.

Then reality came crashing down on her and the smile disappeared.

What happens now?

"What happens now?" She whispered.

Farkle stopped smiling, and caressed her cheek for a moment, before his hands dropped to his side, "It's up to you."

"What?" Riley murmured.

"Riley, I want you to be happy. Whatever happens next, that's up to you." Then he turned and climbed back out the window, stopping when he was half way out to turn and look at Riley, who was where he had left her. He smiled sadly and then left, shutting the window behind him.

Riley fell down onto her bed, and despite what ever tomorrow would bring, she smiled. A bubble of elation was growing inside of her, and at that very moment nothing could pop it.

~

I hope you enjoyed this part! I will be posting the last part ASAP! Please comment, I would love to hear your opinions on it :)