Girl Meets Argument

~5~

"Riley, he likes you! I know he does!" Maya insisted.

It was that afternoon, and Maya and Riley were sitting in the Bay Window, arguing.

"Maya, he doesn't!" Riley retorted.

"How do you know?"

"Because I do." Riley said firmly.

"Riley, I was talking to him today. He. Likes. You."

"What did you tell him, Maya?!"

"Nothing. But Riley, why hasn't he told you anything?" Maya asked.

"What?" Riley said, suddenly thrown off.

"Farkle." Maya said simply. "Why hasn't he told you anything?"

Riley gave her look that clearly said she still wasn't getting it.

"You and Farkle have always talked. Farkle has always told you things. And now there's this big secret that he just can't tell you? Right after he broke up with his girlfriend? How are you not seeing this?!" Maya said.

"Because I can't." Riley said quietly.

"What?" Maya was now the thrown one.

"Maya, don't you see?" Riley asked standing up.

"See what, Riley? That you're both to stubborn to do anything about what you're feeling!"

"Says you!" Riley said, her voice rising.

"Says me what?!" Maya said, her voice also rising as she stood up, and faced Riley; their faces millimetres from each others.

"Oh you know!"

"No, I don't know!

"Well then I'm not TELLING YOU!"

"Girls!" Cory said, opening the door and sticking his head in.

"WHAT?!" They both yelled at him, turning their heads; their hair whipping around with them.

"Ah!" Cory jumped back with a cry. "Just checking you two were alright?"

Then Riley gave him a glare so similar to her mother's that he was momentarily scared of his fifteen year old daughter.

"And now I'm just leaving!" Cory said, as he left.

"Where was I?" Maya asked, turning back to Riley.

"Yelling at me?" Riley prompted.

"Oh yeah, THAT'S RIGHT!" Maya yelled, standing up as high as she could, to get in Riley's face.

"Maya, why are we fighting?" Riley asked, a sad puppy look on her face.

"I don't know, Honey." Maya replied, as Riley put her arm around her and they sat back down.

"I just want you two to be happy. You are two of the people I care most about." Maya said earnestly.

"I know, Maya. I like Farkle, but I don't want him to know how I feel."

"Why?"

"Because what if he doesn't like me back, Maya? And what if that wrecks our friendship?" Riley's eyes were watering, just the idea of not being friends with Farkle scared her.

"He likes you, Riley." Maya said calmly.

"But what if he doesn't?"

"He does."

"Maya, if he doesn't, that's okay, but I couldn't survive if Farkle and I weren't friends. So, for now, I'm happy being friends." Riley said truthfully.

Maya smiled back, "You sure?"

Riley put her head on Maya's shoulder, smiling, "Yeah."

~

These parts are getting shorter and shorter, sorry about that! Hope you enjoyed it anyway, please comment and tell me what you thought :)