Girl Meets Feelings

~1~

Riley lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling, completely helpless.

It was too much, it was all too much, how, after everything, Lucas, the triangle, how could she fall for Farkle?

Riley sat up, and tilted her head to one side and tried to imagine what she would say if Farkle was right in front of her. But all of a sudden she was thinking of his lips, and how they would feel on hers.

Riley shook herself, she physically shook herself.

She liked Lucas, she'd liked Lucas since she'd fallen into his lap on the subway. She liked Lucas.

But did she?

Riley flopped back down onto her bed. She had to like Lucas, she had caused such a mess between Lucas, herself, and Maya, so how come she felt like she'd never liked Lucas. She had though, she had liked Lucas and she still did, but not in the way she liked Farkle, not in a way that liking him was part of her, part of her very soul.

Riley thought of Farkle, of his smile, the way he talked and laughed, how he always wanted what was best for her. She thought about the way she looked at Farkle and the way he looked at her. She didn't look at Lucas like that.

"Hey Honey, wasswrong?" Maya was standing above her; Riley had been so consumed with her own thoughts that she hadn't even heard Maya enter.

"Everything," Riley mumbled.

Maya threw herself onto the bed next to Riley and turned to face her. "Wanna tell me what's wrong, Riles?"

Riley turned her head to face Maya too, "No," she humphed, turning her head back to the ceiling.

Maya got off the bed and went to sit in the Bay Window, "Bay Window." She said, "Bay Window right now."

"No," Riley humphed again.

"Ring Power," Maya said simply.

"Fine," Riley walked over and sat next to Maya.

Riley and Maya stared at each other, waiting for the other to speak first.

"You gonna tell me, Honey?" Maya prodded.

Riley sighed, placing her head on Maya's shoulder.

Maya stroked her hair slowly, "Oooh this is bad, isn't it?"

"Maya?" Riley took her head off Maya's shoulder and faced her, determined to tell her, she had to tell her. She couldn't let these feelings eat her up more than they already had.

"Yeah?"

"I think I've screwed everything up."

"Well before I agree or disagree, do you wanna elaborate a bit more?"

Riley took a moment, wondering how to phrase it. Saying 'I like Farkle' seemed a bit direct.

So instead she asked, "Do you still like my Uncle Josh?"

"Uncle Boing? Yeah, I like him,"

"But you like Lucas," Riley pointed out.

"Yeah," Maya said, squinting her eyes at Riley, "Isn't this supposed to be about you?"

"I'm getting there," replied Riley.

"Does it have anything do with how weird you've been acting this past, like, month?"

"Do like them differently?" Riley asked, ignoring what Maya had just said.

"What?"

"Uncle Boi- Uncle Josh," Riley corrected herself quickly.