Chapter 4

Dean walks to work and finally a smile on his face. He thinks he made a friend, but not sure just yet. Sure Roman helped him with his cuts and it actually felt good to have help for once. It was weird, but he never had it and he's still not stupid enough to let his guard down yet. Helping him put ointment and bandages on his back is one thing, but gaining his friendship is another.

He clocks in and starts to stack boxes into corners for another truck load Friday, and then he had to help unload the crates also. He heard Punk was out for the week and that meant double the work and he wanted to be out of here before 11 and avoid the beating he got last night. He pushed his self and by 8 pm he had all the boxes stacked and helped Baker unload the crates and those were the heaviest. Whoever heard of putting 30 cans in one crate is stupid.

It was 11 pm and dean finally able to clock out and and head for home. He goes pass a bar and hears arguments and then his dads big mouth. He knew he couldn't go in and he heard his dads tab was shut off and he had money but couldn't give it to him. He didn't trust anyone else to give it to him. He hurries along to get home, thinking he could just hopefully avoid him when he goes home and put some money on his dresser and make him think he left it when he left like he always does.

He got there fast and put a 20 on his dads dresser and hurried up and slipped out before he came home. His dad came home and cussing and stumbling and saying someone stole his money and Dean hoped he saw the money on his dresser and went to bed. Lucky he did and he passed out and Dean had a night of no beatings. He did his homework of what he understood and went to bed. He actually couldn't wait to see Roman tomorrow.

The next day Dean was actually excited to make it school and Sami was babbling about what him and Aj did last night. His mind was actually on talking to Roman and he brought the ointment and bandages and hoping he could help him clean then again. He sees the school and goes to the bench and sits and waits for the bell for homeroom. Finally it rings and he walks to homeroom and goes and puts his head down and waits for roll call and for the bell to ring so he can head out.

The bell rings and dean runs to the shed and finally gets there and sits down and takes his inhaler and rest. Damn he is so out of shape, well more like beaten out of shape. He is actually in shape from lifting boxes and crates. It's from being choked out and being beaten down and beating kicked in the ribs. The seizures he was sure wasn't good either, cause sometimes he wasn't sure what happen when he took them, cause no one was around when he took them.

He heard someone coming and he wasn't really sure if it was Roman, so he got up and hid behind the other side of the shed. He looks well more likes spies and then sees he left his inhaler on the ground, 'Fuck' he whispers. He was in a hurry and forgot to grab his inhaler. He seen a hand pick it up and look up and hid, and heard a familiar voice.

"Dean?" Roman looks around and confused and looking at his inhaler.

He comes from the other side of the shed and smiles. He had to be sure it was Roman and no one else. He looks at Roman and his grey eyes and scratches his head, and puts his hand in his pocket.

"Yeah!" He smiles looking up at him showing his dimples.

Roman looks at him and smiles. "I actually thought you didn't show up and well."

"What you were kinda hurt." Dean laughs.

Roman looks at Dean and laughs and then looks at the ground. "Yeah, cause I thought you changed your mind."

Dean looks at the ground and then sits down and looks at Roman and then at the woods. "Nah, I keep my word. I'm not like a lot of other people."

Roman sits next to Dean and smiles and wondered what he is thinking right now as he is staring off into the woods. He can tell he is a deep thinker and he says what's on his mind and he likes that. He wants to know what is on his mind.

Dean gets like that and drifts into his own little world and needs a little snap out of it to come back to reality. He's little world is better then reality and he always wish he could stay there and never come out, but someone always snaps him back to it. Right now he is thinking of being in those woods and getting lost and actually having no care in the wood whatsoever.