Chapter 1 || Run

Y/N = Your name F/C = Fave color S/F/C = Second fave color

Your POV

Run. I keep telling myself. Run from him. He has hurt me for long enough. I could hear him yelling at me from a far. I don't dare look back. My F/C cloak got caught on a branch in the forest so I had to stop and get it unstuck. As soon I as look back and try to start running again I am stopped by him.

"Y/N how lovely it is to see you" He says with an evil smirk crawling up his face like a spider.

"How not lovely it is to see you" I say angrily at him.

"You know you ran sooo long why not take a break? Maybe over tea?" He says in a sweet yet scary voice.

"S-Sure" I say obviously scared that he will try to hurt me like he did in the past.

He snaps his fingers and some guards come out of some bushes with a white carriage that is being pulled by one very sad looking horse. One guard jumps out and another guard inside the carriage hand him a table, chairs, and a tea set.

"Sit down Y/N" He says with an evil grin.

"Ok" I say while I sit down.

He pours me a cup of tea and puts in 2 lumps of sugar, just the way I like it. I eagerly drink the tea not caring how hot it was. Seeing how thirsty I am he pours me another glass.

"So, Y/N, why were you running from me?" He says with a smirk on his face "I thought you wanted to marry me"

"I WILL NEVER MARRY YOU ZANE, EVER" I threw my tea cup at him and a guard rushes over and grabs me by the arm.

As fast as you could say Irene, I was tied up to a tree. Zane slowly walked over to me not losing eye contact. He got so close our noses were almost touching. I hoped that he wouldn't see me grabbing my dagger and slowly cutting off the ropes the kept me against the tree, but he did. He snatched away my dagger and threw it into a bush.

"Your time is up Y/N" Zane said with an evil grin "Unless you agree to marry me"

"NEVER" I yelled at the top of my lungs hoping someone would hear me.

Zane waited a second knowing my plan. After a few seconds I gave up. I hung my head down and looked at the ground.

"Finally giving up, eh?" Zane said in a evil voice.

Even though I could not see him I felt him rise his sword up in the air above my head.

"Goodbye" I whispered.

I could feel Zane's sword rushing down to hit me on the head, when I heard something

Or someone.

Authors Note - Well heres the first chapter for A Better Life. I hope you enjoyed. Im sorry for the cliffhanger. MWHAHAHAHAHA!!