Darkfall

• Dedicated to God, Sam, and Chris

Prologue: 

Ages ago...in the land of Tyranna; the world was created by the synergy of the five elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Shadow. To govern the new world, the Five Ancestors came to reign. First, there was the mighty Lithos; he was the Lord of the Great Forest. Then there was Vepo, she ruled over the seas. Next was Ignis, he ruled the Atanek Desert and the volcanic lands of the east. Then there was fair Aero, she dominated the skies. Last was Ombra, the evil Ancestor who prospered in the darkness of the northern badlands. These five decided to live in this world and they chose Lithos, the eldest, to serve as High King. Ombra, who was Lithos' envious younger sister, hated the decision and thought she deserved to be High Queen. Enraged by this, Ombra vowed to destroy Lithos and all who opposed her. She mustered an army out of the depths of shadow and ordered them to eliminate all of the inhabitants of the world who didn't swear allegiance to her. However, Ombra found great contest in Lithos. Lithos, deep within the Great Forest, forged Endorenna, a sacred weapon that drew power form the Land. He used it to seal Ombra away, saving this world from devastation. Every so often, this threat reanimates itself. In this age, it has been reanimated. The King of Shadow has mustered his forces and is wreaking havoc on the world. The King of the Fire Kingdom, Malum, betrayed the other kingdoms and swore allegiance to Archeus, the son of the Shadow King. The army of shadow has felled the Water Kingdom, which fought bravely but was overrun in the end. Next, they defeated the Sky Kingdom which put up an effort but were quickly conquered. Now, only the Earth Kingdom stands, ruled by King Isaac, a descendant of Lithos. With the siege on the last Kingdom soon to come, a great tale is about to unfold... 

Chapter 1: The Prophecy Unveiled  

The great doors opened, the deep creaking sound echoed through the empty room. The room was filled with darkness except for one light shining down on the green and gold carpet leading up the throne. I stepped in. I've made this walk before and it isn't always pleasant, I didn't know what to expect, especially with how life has been lately. Everything was dark all the time, and after all, the Earth Kingdom was the last kingdom standing against the forces of Shadow. The sound of my footsteps permeating the air of Castle Arborum made the walk to the throne feel like years. Behind the throne was a large window, but now it was shrouded in shadow. A normal person would think he was alone, but I knew better. I got down on one knee and curled my hand into a fist, placing it over my chest, as this was the custom when greeting King Isaac - even when he's your father. 

"You called for me father?" I asked. 

My father stepped out from the shadows behind his throne, his face looking aged from the great deal of stress in the Kingdom. His long white hair hung shoulder length and his white beard reached his chest.  

"Felix...do you remember the old legend?" 

As the Prince of the Earth Kingdom, you do not simply forget the legend of our Ancestors. But I knew the subsequent conversation was important, these were grave times and my father's stern facial expression said it all. 

"Back when the Council of the Five stood, Ombra believed that she should have been High Queen of Tyranna; however, the others believed that her brother Lithos should be High King because he was the eldest and the most capable." He was pacing back and forth; I could tell something was troubling him deeply. I didn't respond so he could get what he needed to say off of his chest. I rose to my feet. He turned to look at me this time stroking his beard. "Enraged at the decision the Ancestors made, she decided to wage war on the other Kingdoms. Out from the shadows she spawned an army of thousands to conquer the world with her sword named Ambarmetta." With every passing word the tone was getting more and more dire. He knows I know the legend, he wouldn't be telling me this if not for some reason that I am unaware of. "This foul blade was forged from pure hatred. Lithos, seeing the immediate danger forged the brother sword of Ambarmetta, it was called Endorenna. Lithos used it to seal Ombra away in the void."