A battle

~Ross' POV~
Adam hops in the jeep, and I follow behind him. Vikk, Max and Barney jump in as I take the drivers seat. Vikk sits in the passenger seat, to tell me where to go. Adam loads the guns, then the engine starts. A helicopter would be much more helpful though... I don't know what happened between Adam and Simon, but it was intense. I hope we will still be in contact. I pull out onto the main road and head towards the outskirts. Barney conceals the guns as a cop car speeds past us. Vikk is directing me to a large, dry hill. The warehouse on top was rusted green and creaky. People went in and out, and I felt worried. All of a sudden, I felt the chills on the back of my neck. I looked left to see Mitch and the Pack in the next lane. Lachlan looks over at us and smiles nervously. I just brush it off and keep driving. He didn't deserve a smile. We reached the base of the hill and parked behind the thick brush.
"Alright. Our main focus is to get her out of there. Try to keep the shooting to the minimum. Although I think Lachlan might have trouble with that," Adam cleared his throat as Lachlan just stared down in shame.
"Ross, you go with Mitch and Jerome. You guys head round the back. Max is with Rob, Jin and Preston. I'm going with Vikk and Barney, heading towards the middle, trying to find her."
"What about me?" Lachlan whines with his familiar accent.
"You, Lachlan, will distract Evan and the others. Try to search for keys as well. No doubt he has her locked up somewhere. Remember, these guys are powerful, so don't take your eyes off them." Lachlan sighs and Adam plans the whole mission. I look over at Mitch and Jerome and give them a smirk. They nod back, almost in sync. We break off into our groups, sneaking up to the big metal building, ready to strike.
~Y/N POV~
I hiss at my guard as he makes baby noises towards me. Adam has been a while, I thought he had given up. I still had no idea what they wanted me for! Evan kept talking about some great flame, and Lui just made heart signs and smirked mockingly. The big machine next to me had made some grumbling sounds, and the buttons began to flash. All of a sudden, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Instinctively, since I have been sexually harassed in my time here, I grabbed the hand and pulled it straight into the cage, pushing whoever it was' face right into the bars. I turned to expect Nogla, another crude male here. Instead, I saw an angel.
"Max?" He just smiles. Well, tries as his face was squashed. I let go of him and he hides behind me as men walked by. He put his finger over his lips, to signal silence. I nodded. They did come for me! I pretended to ignore Max as the same blonde walks towards Evan. He talks a bit, puts his arm around him. He gives him a wrestle, playful, and pushes him to the ground. I turn to look at Max, confused, and he just whispers.
"He's with us." Two men came up behind Max, and I tried to warn him. But the men just hid, like Max and waved. By the look on Max's face, they were good guys too. I looked back at Evan, and noticed Lachlan had grabbed his keys. However, all of a sudden, men shouted and pointed. Adam and Barney step out of the shadows with one more boy. Gunshots were fired as more people erupted from the shadows. Evan ran towards the battle, grabbing his gun, and the blonde walked over to me. I recognised him. He was the one who talked about "scaring off" someone. He swung the keys around and put them in the keyhole. The door swung open and I raced out. However, Max pulled me back, and told me to stick to the edges. He ran into the gunshots with the other three and started firing. I crawled my way along the edges, staying in the shadows. As I walked, closely observing the battle, I crashed into a body. It was limp on the floor, face-down. As I flipped it over, I saw the recognisable friend. Tears streamed immediately from my face.
"R-Ross!" I covered my mouth and sobbed. There were three bullet holes in his chest, blood gushing out. His eyes stayed open, until I took off his glasses and closed them. I didn't want anyone to die for me. I wanted to just sit here and cry, but from the battles intensity, I might end up like him. I wailed silently as I backed away. I was soon grabbed by the shoulders. Hoping it was Adam, I turned. Evans grin meeted my face and I screamed. He put his arm over my neck and held the gun to my head. He stepped out onto the battlefield, and soon, everyone went silent. Just staring. I struggled, but his grip was too tight.
"Drop your weapons, or she gets lead for brains!" Adam's expression immediately went from anger to extremely angry. He slowly placed his gun down, and so did the rest of the team.
"Adam!"
"I know." He said calmly. Evans men went up to them, guns still raised and pushed them down to their knees. The barrels aimed at the backs of the skulls. Tears welled up in my eyes as I heard Evan chuckle. However, no one fired. They all stopped, and listened. I tried to hear, and heard the loud sound of a helicopter. All of a sudden, the roof burst open, revealing a team of men armed with heavy machinery jumped down to the battle. Evan loosened his grip, and I broke free.
"Adam!" He saw me free and immediately grabbed his gun. The guy in the back of him fell to the ground as Adam fired. He went up to one of the new guys as more guns were fired.
"Thanks for coming back." He said. He looked as if he was about to cry. The guy just looked at him, smiled and winked, then went back to firing his AK-47.
"Adam!" I ran up to him. When he saw me, his expression turned overjoyed. He dropped his gun and ran to me as well. We basically crashed into each other. Tears flowed down my face as I hugged him. "I'd thought I'd never see you again!" I sobbed. He embraced me.
"Well, I couldn't just leave you here with that psycho!" He laughed. I laughed, and let loose from the embrace. We stared into each other's eyes, and instinctively, our lips locked. A feeling of protection and warmth waved over me.
~Simon's POV~
A burst of light appeared in my peripheral vision. I turned and blocked out the glare. I saw Adam and a girl kissing, except they were surrounded in pink flames. The flickering caught everyone's attention, especially Evan's. His look of enraged defeat made me smirk. It was as if for a second, there was an uneasy stillness in the room. The flames engulfed them, yet they felt no pain. The smoke formed above them in the shape of a heart, and burst into different directions. As the kiss deepened, the flames turned darker. A more deep pink, red smoke formed in a ring around them. The ring burst, which sent Evan and his men flying. The flew hard into the walls, all of them passing out from impact. The team surrounded the winded men and aimed, but didn't fire. We weren't like Evan. The flames died down, and Adam and the girl ended the kiss.
~Y/N POV~
As we pulled back from the kiss, I noticed that everyone was standing over a still body. I looked up at Adam, and he giggled cheekily. I couldn't help but smile. His expression of gladness filled my heart with joy. He caressed my cheek, and I fell into his embrace. He lifted my head up to look into my eyes again.

BANG!

Adam's expression fell. His mouth straightened, and his eyes flickered at mine. The soul left his eyes, and he collapsed in my arms.
"Adam!" I screamed as he fell to the floor. I looked up and saw Evan with a struggling expression, holding a gun, before passing out again. I stare down at Adam, and collapse as well, in tear. I lay over Adam's corpse, balling my eyes out. Max and Barney came over, also with tears, and hugged it out. I held his head in my hands, feeling the tears rush down my face, being blowed on. I wiped away a tear and saw Adam's chest rising and falling. "He's still breathing! Quick, get him to the jeep and send him back to the offices!" The men from the roof come over to me.
"We've got a better idea." They carry Adam outside, revealing a big black helicopter, and load him in. The team makes sure no one is awake from Evan's squad, and leave. I jump in the copter and sit by Adam's body, trying to take out the bullet. The chopper takes off, and I had to wait for landing. Doing this sort of operation in a moving vehicle? Now that's a battle.

A battle between life and death.

Word Count: 1592