Night out

So my popularity had grown over the few weeks of working there. I was in the middle of making a video on GTA V when Max interrupted my recording. I paused recording to see what he wanted. "Yo man," I said. He closed the door behind him.
"Hey, can I, uh, ask you something?" He stood there nervously.
"Sure, what's up?"
"Will you, uh..."
"Hmm?"
"Uh... Go, uh, out, umm, ah, wi-" He got interrupted by Jin bursting in with sweat running down his face.
"Max, we got a problem." He pants out the last words. Max's expression immediately changed. He ran out with Jin close behind. I wanted to run after them, but Jin stopped me.

"I want to help!" I say. I push against Jin but he keeps his stand. Adam walks down the hall and sees me struggling.

"Let her go," he says, in a calm, but anxious, voice.

"But Adam..." Jin says.

"She needed to find out sooner or later." Jin lets me out and leads me to the big area. Everyone is standing around Garrett's desk. The smell of fear hung throughout the air. Adam pushed through the crowd and I tried to do the same, but the boys were to close together.

"They've finally arrived," Garrett's worried voice echoed through the halls. Adam stood over the crowd.

"We've been training for this moment, this is not a drill!" His commanding voice rung in everyone's ears. Suddenly, the men nodded and ran off in different directions. "Ross, you know what to do."

"Yes, sir." Ross ran into his office. Adam turned to Barney, and he nodded and ran into his office.

"What the hell is going on!?" I scream over the panic. Adam turns to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Get ready, things are getting real." He started pushing me towards his office. A flashing red light and a siren  started going. Ross came out of his office with camouflage outfits for everyone in the office. He gave one to me and Adam and ran off to find everyone else. Barney came out with a big gun. Adam led me to his office and left the door wide open. He lifted up his computer mouse and pressed a button. His bookcase slid sideways to reveal a tube.

"What!?" I blurted out.

"Hold on," he said with a smile as he pushed me down into the tube. I screamed as the darkness consumed me. I was falling, didn't know where, didn't know how long. Before I knew it, I landed on a beanbag in the back of a jeep. People were falling into jeeps left and right. Soon, Adam, Ross, Jin and Barney were in my jeep. Ross at the wheel, we sped off with the others close behind.

"Can someone explain, WHAT IS GOING ON!?" I screamed over the roaring of the engines. Barney turned to me and laughed.

"Right, you're new," he said. "Well, they have been planning this attack for years, so we've been training for years. The rookies get the best job," he laughed.

"W-what? Who's they?" I struggle to get the words out. What the hell was going on? Adam was focused on the road ahead of us, which really didn't have any traffic. The moon was high in the sky as Ross sped into the night.

"You'll see," Jin said. He was loading up guns one by one. I looked around and noticed everyone else talking in the backs of their cars. I made eye contact with Max in the jeep next to us. He waved and continued to do his job, whatever it was. Jin pat me on the back, in a way of saying, good luck. But, good luck with what?! I still had no idea what I was supposed to do.

"Adam, please, what is happening." He turned to me, smiled sweetly and simply spoke.

"We are going into battle,"