I want to stare at him. 

He chuckles and sits opposite me. 

"Warlocks," he reads the page as he pulls his chair closer to the table. 

Could he really be the hybrid? 

"Warlocks are powerful. They are immortal. There is one Warlock that has been around for centuries and centuries. To kill a Warlock they will have to destroy their soul. Every drop of magic will need to be thrown at them to scatter their body everywhere," 

"That's a bit violent," I mutter to myself and Jaxon smiles. 

"If the moon Goddess permits it, the Warlock will die. There will be someone special born. It will have power coursing through its veins. It will be power and strong. It will defeat the Warlock if it is clever." Jaxon reads and I frown as I rest my head on the table. 

"What's wrong?" He asks and I hear him close the book. 

"I need to learn Salkire, don't I? Maybe it's the element of surprise from me. I could hold onto the Warlocks and maybe it will show me a weakness. I don't know," I sigh looking up at him,"it's just wishful thinking at this point," I say and he smiles at me. 

"How about you try it on someone? See how it works," he offers. 

Maybe I can see if you're a hybrid. If it will show me. 

"You?" I ask, smirking and he shakes his head standing up. 

"I'm too powerful to try it on for the first time," he says either dodging it or being completely honest. 

"I'm powerful enough to take you on," I say as he holds his hand out to me. I place my hand in it and he pulls me up. He holds my hand and we walk out towards the entrance. 

"Thus with a kiss I die!" I hear Lucas's voice as he pretends to fall into Logan's arms. 

I try not to laugh as Jaxon pulls me out of the library. 

"Where are we going?" I ask as the heat hits my face. It's hot today. Very hot. 

"We can try it on Kyle or Ryan first. I trust them more than anyone in this pack," He says and I nod as we see Kyle walking to the pack house. 

Jaxon calls out his name and he stops next to the door. We walk towards him and Jaxon tells him to follow them. 

"I swear I didn't do anything," Kyle follows us and I fake a frown at him. 

"You know what you did," I tsk and shake my head as we walk into the office. 

"Huh?" He says confused as he tries to think if he has done anything wrong.  

"She's pulling your leg," Jaxon rolls his eyes as Kyle looks at his legs for a second then sits down on the couch. "She wants to try to read your past and future," Jaxon tells him. 

 "If you're okay with that though," I point out and he nods. 

"So you're going to see my past? Well I'd like to apologise before you dive into my brain if you hear me cursing you to the moon and back on the first day," Kyle winces a little as Jaxon growls at him but I burst out laughing. 

"Don't worry,"I say laughing, "I probably cursed you more," I say, making him chuckle as he holds his hand out. 

"So is it the hand of are you supposed to grab my head? I would say something else too but I don't want him to rip my head off," Kyle raises his eyebrows at Jaxon who's glaring at him. 

"Why did I ever hate you?" I shake my head as I move closer to him and get down on my knees.

"You should definitely sit up," Kyle says, moving to the edge of the couch to make me room. 

I bit my lip to not laugh as I sat next to him and held onto his hand. 

I close my eyes and try to think of his past. Of how he was before I met him. 

"Is it working? Are you seeing me jerking off to porn? You look constipated," Kyle whispers like he's afraid to break the concentration but I try to keep a straight face. 

"I should have got Ryan," Jaxon mutters and I hear him pull up a chair to sit next to us. 

"Shush. Silence," I mumble. 

Silence fills the room. 

I hold onto his hand tightly and with my eyes closed I try to think of Kyle. Of his life. Of what he's doing right now. What he would do in the future. Nothing happens. 

I try harder. I pull my power up and see it swirling in my mind trying to find a target. I shape it into an arrow with a long rope hanging from it and I let it shoot into the pit of darkness. Towards Kyle's mind. 

I smile. Bingo

I see web after web, string after string as I try to guide myself to the million of doors I see in his mind. It feels so strange as I walk closer to a door and open it. I step inside, holding onto the handle so I don't get lost into his mind. 

I see Kyle crying and shouting at a woman before he says the words no mate ever wants to hear. I reject you. 

The words float in the air as I take a step back realising that this door was too private for me to wander deep into. I move to another door and step inside it, holding on again, as I see a woman standing, her back towards me but I notice her hair. Her bright red fierce hair. I see Kyle taking a step towards her and curling his finger around her curls as he moves his lips. I love you

I smile before I feel the overwhelming force of all of the doors opening at once. I try to take a step back and tug on the arrow as I see Kyle talking to a girl, him crying, her kissing him and then they both walking away. I see images of Jaxon talking to him saying something angrily. 

I tug on the rope but nothing happens. I tug on it harder and try to push my magic into the top to pull me away. 

"Cherry?" I hear Jaxon's voice before darkness covers my eyes. 

●●●●●

I like Kyle