"Well I feel sorry for you all. I'm not a big fan of reading," I run a hand through my hair and lift it up in a ponytail. I don't have any slide pins or a bobble so I just pull it up into a very loose bun. 

"But you're heading to the library…" one guy points out as they open the door to the said library. 

"Some of us have to save the world," I laugh and he raises an eyebrow at me. 

"If we could save the world by reading, I would be a superhero," someone says quietly and I chuckle. 

"What are your names?" I ask them. 

"Adam," the guy who talked to me first says, "and that's Logan, and Lucas and Brian," he introduces them all. 

"At your service, Luna," Logan bows lowly and I grin as they all chuckle. 

"Thank you for helping me," I say as I head further into the library. 

"Want to have dinner with us sometime?" Adam calls out and I laugh. 

"Sure. Shout my name when you need me," I reply back and walk towards the shelves labelled with historical books. 

I run my eyes over the titles of the books until I find a book labelled All you need to know about Warlocks, hybrids and mythical creatures. 

"Perfect," I mutter to myself as I pull the book out from the shelf and head to the closest table. I sit down and open the book to find it empty. 

Fantastic. 

I turn every page in the book until I come to the middle where there's a short paragraph. 

Hybrids tempers can destroy a pack. They were known as the lethal warriors of time many many years ago. The remaining hybrid is in hiding. It has taken the form of a wolf or a vampire. Never both. The hybrid is powerful. Stronger than the average wolf or vampire. Faster than the average wolf or vampire. Many years ago, hunters tried to find the hybrid. He had learnt how to hide his scent and only be picked up as a wolf or a vampire. Finding a hybrid could be easy if someone dared to look deeper. Their eyes glow black with red rims around their pupil. 

I stared at the picture someone had drawn. 

My mind echoed one name. 

Jaxon

He would tell me if he was a hybrid though. 

I look at the paragraph confused as it just ends there. 

Jaxon gets angry. He has to take injections of some sort to calm him down. Injections of wolfsbane. It must be. It's the only thing that can calm a wolf down. Maybe he has control over his vampire spirit. 

I stare at the book confused. I thought Jake was the hybrid but what if it is Jaxon. Does it change anything? No

I try not to jump to conclusions as it could be nothing. I flicker through the book and then the empty pages have disappeared and it's filled with ripped pages as if someone has tried to glue them together. 

I hear someone walking behind me and then they stop. I can feel the tension in the air as I turn around to see Jaxon. I tilt my head to the side a little just staring at him. 

Could he be a hybrid?

"I'm sorry," he mumbles quietly.

"What for?" I ask turning back to face the book so I don't smile. 

"For being a dick," he walks closer to me. 

"Apology will be accepted if you sit down and read this to me," I say pushing the book forward to the seat opposite me.