14

"It's 4:39 pm, Calum. We are really gonna walk the way home? It's still hot as fuck." I complained as we went out of the house, bringing our bags and all we'd ever need.

"Yes, I miss walking in hours like this, I often spend my time alone in the streets on dawn." He shrugged, kicking a rock that he passed by.

"Wait, why are we turning left? Isn't right the much easier way to my house." I groaned, but following him as he walk.

"We're taking the long way home," he answered simply, glancing for a second at me. "This is the way it's supposed to be, I love long walks."

"I do too, but it's just too hot at the moment and I'm too lazy to walk."

"Piggyback ride?"

"What?" I scoffed, "Calum, I'm nineteen."

"So?" He responded, and I cocked my eyebrows at him.

"Calum I'm heavy, plus I got bags that's heavier."

"Psh, okay then." He laughed as we continued walking. I ran a bit to catch up on his pace then copied his movements like putting my hands in my pockets.

"You know, back then I can't be alone, but I guess time and experience changes everything." Calum spoke up, and I looked at him in curiosity.

"Who were the people you're always with?"

"My old classmates back in London, I studied in London a few years ago." He mumbled. "My classmates and friends, I have a lot of friends. And I got too attached like, I'm kind of depending on them on everything."

"Do you still have communication with them?"

"No, I don't usually open Facebook and if I do, I get ignored. So much that I got used to it and never bothered to talk to them again." He said in a sad tone that made me a little sad too. "The most hurtful thing is they never reached back, they never talked to me again."

"I'm sorry," I apologized, I think that's the appropriate thing to say at the moment.

"It's alright, I'm not really sad about it anymore." He smiled, waving his hands off. "I mean, nothing really is temporary, everything come and go."

"I'd never leave." I declared and stopped walking, Calum does too and looks at me. "I am making a promise." I added, extending my pinky finger and he looked at me smiling. "Just promise me you'll never leave too."

"I won't, I swear." I grinned, intertwining his pinky with mine. I stared at our intertwined fingers. "We're such kids, aren't we?"

"I'm just a 19 year old living in a 7 year old's dream." I shrugged then we started walking again. Silence wrapped us, I don't know why but when silence shrouds us, it's not awkward. It's always a comfortable one.

"You know, this may be a little cliche like what you see in movies but," Calum spoke up, and I looked in his direction waiting for him to continue. "I found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you."

I felt my heart pump up loudly, my knees kind of getting weak, and my head getting a little lighter. What is he doing to me?

"Like, we put the world away and we get so disconnected from reality, you get what I mean?" I added, using hand gestures like it would make his explanation much clearer.

"Yeah, I get it, and I feel the same, Calum. You're my getaway, you're my favorite place." I responded, not looking at him because I might blush harder and embarrass myself in front of him.

"That's cute as fuck." He grinned then messes with my hair using his hand. "We are cute as fuck."

"I know." I smiled at the ground (it aint hard to tell u don't know oh oh) "We're here," I added as we got in front of our house.

"Your house is dead ass big, and there lives only the three people?" He said as he followed me on our front porch then digging my pockets for the key.

"I'm scared of big houses, I don't know why my parents made this." I giggled then the door budged open, I immediately came in and to the kitchen, getting myself a glass of water.

"Your family is rich as fuck." He said in awe as he looks at a big portrait of me and my family in the living room. "And you look like a princess."

"Shh, I'm a queen." I joked, nudging him. "Let's go to my room?"

"Let's go." He nodded his head and followed me going to my bedroom.

---------

They indirectly said that they like each other I aM DONE

Such fucking cuties, literal goals af