"Natalie babe?" Axel waves his hand in front of my face.

I force a smile. "Oh hey."

He gives me a confused face." You okay?"
I slowly find tears falling down my cheeks. "I'm perfectly fine."

He brings me closer to him and wraps his arms around me. I keep myself from slapping him.

"Gorgeous what's wrong." He asks softly.

My lips quiver. "Let me go Axel."

He lets me lose out of his grip. He stares at me, like if he already knows what is going to happen.

"Axel, you love her don't you?" I ask.

I stare into his deep blue eyes as I see sadness taking over his eyes.

"Natalie let me explain." He begs.

I shake my head. "Axel, I can read your eyes. We can't control love, I can't blame you. I know you wouldn't hurt me, this is the time we both have to be honest, do you love her?" I ask again serious.

He bites his lips as a tears fall from his glossy eyes. " I can't do this to you."

I sigh and I feel my heart ache. The truth hurts more than the lie.

"Natalie say something." His voice cracks.

I bite on my lip and look down at my thighs. "I loved you Axel. It was just not meant to be."

He sobs. "Natalie I can't lose you as my best friend."

I shake my head. "You won't lose me."

He sobs and crawls towards me. "I'm sorry Natalie. I was supposed to keep you happy and I failed."

I shake me head and smile. "Axel, no one has ever made me as happy like you have. You're still my other half bestie?"

He smiles, still tears falling from his eyes. "Yes bestie."

We hug and he kisses my forehead.

*Knock knock.*

I loosen from his grip. "Lexi and Samantha are here." I slightly smile.

He nods. "Alright."

I stand up and make my way towards the door. I open the door leav-

"Natalie wait!" Axel runs towards me, stopping me from my actions.

He gets up close, his face inches from mine. "Kiss me one more time, and promise me you won't leave me. You'll always be my best friend." Tears roll down his cheeks.

I nod and slowly place my lips on his. Ours lips slowly move in synch.

We pull away and I look into his eyes. "I promise."

"NATALIE. THEY'RE HERE!" Matthew screams from down stairs.

I look at him and force a smile. "I love you."

More tears fall from his glossy eyes. "I love you too."

I turn my heal and walk out of the room sighing.

I walk down stairs and bump into a sad Matthew. I stop my tracks and grab his arm.

He huffs and looks away.

"Matthew what's wrong?" I ask trying to see his beautiful face.

He looks the opposite way. "Nothing." His voice cracks.