He added "You are a good girl, stop wasting your time on someone who's gone. Look for someone who can love you truthfully.".

I knew he's right but I found his advise uncomfortable, I really didn't want to talk about this. I replied "Sorry, I really don't want to talk about this.".

He sighed and gave me a light nod to show me his understanding.

I knew he advised to me for my own good but I really can't move on from Nathan. I really don't want to betray him.

An awkward silence was filled in the room, as there's literally no conversation ongoing at all. Nick broke it by asking me politely "So, Ariana, how's your The Voice competition? I believe you can crown the show.".

I took a deep breathe and decided to tell them the truth "Well, I decided to quit the show.".

Both of them gave me shock looks, their faces went pale instantly.

Nick questioned me immediately without any hesitation "Why?".

I noticed the tenses in them, so I tried to chill them to calm the awkward atmosphere, I giggled "Make sure to check out the new episode of The Voice on TV soon.".

However, I failed miserably.

Both of them remained silent and gave me bossy look as they were still waiting for my answer.

I sighed and admitted "Well, I just felt too stressful. I got too much attention from the paps and media. I am running out of breathe. I need a break. I don't want to live under the spotlight anymore. So, I quit.".

Nick frowned as I knew this would break his heart into pieces, he frowned "No, please don't. I know your happiness is important to me but I don't want you to give up. This isn't the Ariana I've known.".

I giggled "No offense, but we just met each other few minutes ago.".

Steven cleared his throat and corrected "But I've known you for quite a while. Ariana, you are a determined girl. Just look at you, you worked so hard for this studio even though you know it's impossible to get such a big amount of money in a week, but you never give up.".

He added "Ariana, I know who you really are. You are a strong girl. Maybe because of Nathan, you've lost your inspiration but you can't waste your whole future because of him. If he were still here, I believe he wouldn't allow you to do so as well. Think about it before you make such a terrible decision.".

I remained silent as well and recalled the day when Nathan was in hospital for emergency. He pointed at my throat and told me to continue to fight for my dream.

Is this what he's been afraid of when he left me? Does he already expect that I will do so, so he particularly reminded me of who I really am? A girl who loves to sing and fights for her dream.

I felt so complicated now. Maybe this is what Nathan wanted me to do, continue on the show and fight for our dreams.

Suddenly, Steven's phone ringtone interrupted my thought. He answered the phone and excused himself from our conversation.

He said "Ariana, I got a sudden appointment with someone. I really gotta go now.".

Nick gave him a confuse look and questioned him "Seriously? It's midnight now? Who will have an appointment in this time?".

He raised an eyebrow and replied in bossy tone "Son, this is business. We are 24 hours on call. You are just an engineer, you would never understand this.".

Before he left, he told "Well, Ariana. Let my son accompany with you. He's been waiting for this for a very long while and I don't want to ruin his moment. Don't worry, my son isn't that kind of man. Besides, he already got a girlfriend.".