Chapter 7. Formal Night (Part 1)

Not all characters outfits will be explained this chapter because I wanted to make little collages to show what their dresses/tuxes look like. Next chapter however, everyone who's outfit wasn't explained will have their dress/tux in a collage and have an explaination.

Also! Next chapter is going to be the final chapter and the chapter HE will be revealed!! I thought it would be fun to have a little contest to see who can guess who it is... So! Comment on the chapter saying who your guess is and you could win a little shoutout saying you guessed correctly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally the night. It was finally the night of the formal, the formal the students had waited so long for. The room was full of nerves as students waited for their friends to arrive, nervously glancing around the room at the other people who were there. The students who hadn't already gone into the formal were waiting for their friends who had yet to arrive, but it was still early as the formal had just started so they were due to arrive at any moment.

"Why can't we just go in? It's just Caroline and Brianna who aren't here and I'm tired of waiting!" Mya complained.

Mya was wearing an black and white dress with a medium, dark brown, flower print belt around her waist. She had black shoes with a slight heel so she would be taller than her friends, a light blue and black friendship bracelet she got from Sarah A, and had her hair down as usual but had the tips of her hair slightly curled.

Sarah A gave her a look, "We said we would wait for them so we are going to wait even if we want to go in as much as you."

Mya groaned dramatically before collapsing onto one of the nearby chairs, "We've been waiting forever though! I just want to go have fun!"

In reality the formal had only just begun and they had only been waiting for a few minutes. Mya was just excited to go dance and have fun with her friends but most of all, she was excited to be going with Chance. No matter how much he hurt her earlier that day, she was still excited and that's what she didn't understand. She didn't understand why after all the pain he put her through she was still excited to go to the formal with him.

Sarah gave her friend a look of pity as if knowing what Mya was thinking about, "I'm sure they'll be here soon."

Mya just smiled weakly before looking over at her friends, "You should go to tell them to come over here."

"Why?"

"I wanna talk to them but I don't wanna get up." Mya blankly replied as she slid further onto the chair as if daring her friend to try and get her to get up.

Sarah laughed before nodding and walking over to where the group of girls stood near the entrance to the formal. From where they stood you could just make out the multicoloured decorations neatly placed around the dimly lit gym.

"Mya said she wanted you guys to go sit with her as she doesn't want to get up front her chair since she's too lazy." Sarah told the others, laughing as she noticed the dirty look Mya sent her.

Kennedy shrugged, "Sure! As long as Brianna and Caroline would be able to see us over there."

"They will. Mya's just over there." Sarah pointed at Mya who stuck her tongue out at the girl.

The rest of the girls nodded in agreement before walking after Sarah and Kennedy who were already walking over to Mya. They all agreed waiting by the doors would probably be best but with the constant temptation of going inside the gym they decided it would probably be best to go sit and wait with Mya.

"On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you guys?" Hailey asked, taking a seat next to Mya.

"I'm pretty sure we are all a ten, Hailey!" Kathleen laughed before plopping down into an empty seat.