Chapter 4. Getting stalked

Three days. Three days until the night of the formal. With the formal being so close everyone was excited yet nervous. Everyone was either nervous as to if they were going to be asked to the dance, nervous about their dress or makeup, or for one person, nervous about where their dress was.

"Where could it be? It's nowhere! I'm gonna be the only girl at the dance without a dress and everyone is gonna laugh at me!" Caroline ranted to Chance, the boy she deemed her therapist/'best friend'.

Caroline at this point was almost hyperventilating. Her dress had gone missing a few days ago after they finished shopping and she hadn't seen it since. She had looked everywhere for the dress and finally giving up on the search she had tried to buy another only to see all the stores were sold out or the dresses were too big or expensive.

"Caroline! Calm down! I already told you this but just ask the guys! You said they were there with you so maybe they saw where you left your dress!" Chance sighed as he tried to calm Caroline down, she had been bothering him for what felt like hours and wouldn't leave him alone.

Caroline paused, "You know what? That's good idea! Thanks Chance!" She smiled half heartedly before sprinting out of the classroom and into the hallway where the guys sat working.

Chance rolled his eyes at her actions before turning his attention onto Mya, the girl he liked. He had a crush on her ever since he moved there 4 months ago but no matter what he did she never seemed to pay any attention to him. She never seemed to pay attention to any of the guys except Spencer which made him jealous, even if she did hate Spencer.

Mya however, thought Chance was an okay guy. He was fun to talk to when he actually spoke instead of staring at her the entire time and he also shared not only her love for horses but animals in general which was something rare amoung her classmates.

"Hey Chance! Enjoy Caroline pestering you for an hour?" Mya questioned, laughing quietly to herself.

"Well... Uh... Yea- No! I mean no! Yeah that's what I meant!"

Chance watched Mya laugh at his stuttering. His eyes softened as he watched her, he wished he would be the reason she laughed everyday instead of her friends and the other guys. He would do anything to just get her to notice him as a person, and even more for her to feel for him the same way he did for her.

'I wish she would go to the formal with me but she'd never accept to go with someone like me...' Chance thought.

"Yes." Chance wiped his head up, rapidly blinking. Mya had a huge grin on and she was laughing at something he didn't know. He suddenly grew nervous. Had he said that out loud?

"W-what?"

"I said yes. You asked me if I wanted to go to the formal with you." Mya said slowly.

"I said that out loud?!" Chance was now panicking, even though Mya had said yes he was nervous that she might find out he wanted to go as more than friends.

"Yeah you did. It's not a big deal though! We're just going as friends right?" Mya questioned with a somewhat evil expression.

Mya certainly wasn't the brightest when it came to people liking her but when it came to Chance it was easy to see he had a huge crush on her. In reality she thought it was cute and had devolved a small crush on the boy a few months after he had arrived. While it seemed like she ignored the boy it was actually the opposite, the only reason she didn't talk to him was the fact that if she did she might reavel her feelings for him. That didn't mean she wouldn't torture him about it however, as she never got the chance with her friends.

"Mya you do realize Chancey boy here has a huge crush on you?" Brianna said, grinning evilly and she walked over and slung an arm around Chance.

"You do?" Mya questioned, pasting a fake expression of shock onto her face.