CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE | TIME DISCOVERS THE TRUTH

10 COMMENTS THAT DO NOT SAY "UPDATE"

"Rebekah, let me have at it!" Klaus whined at his younger sister.

The blonde shook her head, continuing to carve her name in the cave. Arabella laughed at the defeated look on her brother's face, illuminated by the flare of light coming from the torch.

"Quiet, Niklaus! I am to have more concentration if I am not to slice off a finger," Rebekah scolded.

Once she finished, instead of handing the blade to Klaus, she handed it to Arabella to use. The strawberry-blonde smirked and gripped it in her hand, ready to carve.

"Father would not like either of you handling the blade," Klaus said to them.

"If we want to wield a blade, we shall wield a blade!" Arabella exclaimed. "Father need not know."

"He will find out. He always does," Klaus warned them.

"That is because you always tell him," Rebekah replied with a pointed look.

"I cannot help it...he frightens me," Klaus murmured, looking down at his feet.

"He frightens us all. That is why we stick together as one, always and forever," Arabella said to him, stepping away from the cave wall and coming next to her brother. "Right, traitor?"

"Right," Klaus agreed, squeezing her hand.

"Here. You finish it. We are to help mother with the meal," Rebekah said, giving the blade to Klaus.

"Yes, go tend to dinner, and leave the blades to the men, little sister," Klaus said to them.

In reply, Rebekah slammed the blade on his hand, slicing it open and blood beginning to ooze out.

"Agh! Bekah," Klaus cried.

"It's just a little blood," Arabella remarked with a small smirk. "Be a man about it."

Arabella blinked slightly, returning to present. She looked down to see her phone in hand and mascara in the other. The strawberry-blonde went back to applying mascara on her lashes. Once she was finished, the vampire sped over to the high school, wondering what Rebekah wanted.

When she arrived, Elena and Rebekah were talking, making Arabella slightly nervous. Elena wouldn't talk to her sister unless it was imperative.

"What's going on?" Arabella questioned them, eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"I was hoping we could talk," Elena stated. Arabella raised an eyebrow.

"About what? Stefan?" Rebekah questioned. "Don't worry, I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book, if I'm being honest."

"Actually, I'd rather talk about this." Elena held up a photo of their names written in Runic along with the rest of their family. "I'm curious why you, Bella, and Klaus have spent a thousand years running from your father."

"I should get back to the girls. Homecoming's right around the corner," Rebekah said to Elena, grabbing Arabella's arm to drag her along and avoiding the question.

"Well then, maybe I'll ask Mikael when we wake him," Elena called after them. The sisters paused, looking at each other.

"You're bluffing! You don't know where he is. No one does," Arabella said to her.