CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR | FORGET ME

10 COMMENTS THAT DO NOT SAY "UPDATE"

Arabella walked around the Smokey Mountains, sideways glancing at Stefan by her side. He had his general broody vampire look plastered on his face, but Arabella couldn't tell if it was fake or real.

"So, Stefan. How are you?" Arabella asked, genuinely concerned for her friend.

"I'm great," he replied shortly.

"No, you're not," Arabella replied. "Come on, Stef. We're close—I mean, we were best friends back in 1864. You can tell me."

"How do I know you won't go tell your brother? You guys, uh—you guys seem closer than we are," Stefan remarked.

Arabella chuckled humorlessly and shook her head in denial. "We're siblings, but it's hard to be close to someone who's daggered your brothers and sister countless times. I know how to keep a secret, Stefan. Don't underestimate a girl's power of hiding things," Arabella stated, looking at him seriously.

"Fine." Stefan sighed. "I'm not that great. I just—it sucks to see your girlfriend out here, looking for you, and all you've been doing all summer is tear apart people for a sport because of your brother. It sucks, is that what you wanted to hear, huh?" Stefan's tone started to get angry, his voice slowly rising.

"Yes, Stefan. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. You know why? It shows you have remorse, that you hate this lifestyle. That will bring you home to Elena, not this artificial vampire who is my brother's bitch," Arabella snapped.

"I'm forced to be like this, Bella. He saved Damon's life; I am in Klaus' service. Would you rather have Damon dead? Huh?" Arabella looked down at the ground, knowing Stefan was right. "Of course you wouldn't. Not everything can work out, Bella. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can move on."

Arabella's mouth dropped open at Stefan, watching him walk away from her. She scoffed to herself. Move on? Did Stefan want Arabella to move on from Damon? She wouldn't do that; she couldn't do that. Damon was the love of her life—some petty vampire wasn't going to stop her from loving him.

"Whatever, Stefan. I'm going to let that one go because I know you're upset about Elena with Damon. It sucks for me too," Arabella said, catching up to him.

"Can't you leave me alone?" Stefan asked. "It's bad enough I have Klaus to deal with, now I have to handle you too?"

"You don't have to handle me, Stefan Salvatore. I'm trying to be a friend, and your bitterness just keeps pushing me away," Arabella spat. She glared at the young vampire beside her. "Just keep in mind that I've been on this Earth longer than you, which means I'm ten times stronger and smarter—you should be thanking me for my wisdom that I'm so generously sharing with you."

"Thanking you?" Stefan asked incredulously. "I don't want your 'wisdom.' What I want is for you to leave me alone."

"Fine. When you're all alone, serving my dick brother, just remember this moment. Remember when you pushed everyone away because you thought you were protecting them," Arabella said, giving a final look to Stefan before marching off on her own.

Who needed Stefan Salvatore anyway? Arabella sure as hell didn't.

_____

As Arabella was walking, looking for Ray, she heard faint yelling and cries of pain. She frowned, recognizing the yelling to be Elena's. The strawberry-blonde rushed to the scene, seeing Damon struggling to hold Ray and Elena demanding him to leave. Arabella sighed to herself and pushed Damon out of the way, holding Ray down against the tree.

The Family Jewels ▷ Damon Salvatore [2] [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें