CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE | THE WINDY CITY

15 COMMENTS THAT DO NOT SAY "UPDATE"

"Welcome to Chicago." The minute those words escaped Klaus' mouth, Arabella knew it meant trouble. Chicago, as Arabella knew, was where Stefan enjoyed blood and partying during his ripper days. She knew this because she was there herself in Chicago, watching over him.

She knew Stefan didn't know who she was at the time, so she always stayed far enough so he wouldn't get suspicious. She kept an eye on him for Lexi, informing her of what Stefan was doing while she made her way to the city.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked Klaus.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days," Klaus remarked, opening a small door that revealed beautiful Chicago.

"Blocked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur," Stefan said.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend." Arabella closed her eyes, thinking of the time spent in Chicago. "Word was that the Ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun."

Flashback

Arabella watched as Stefan walked into a bar after he was finished feeding from a woman. A small smirked played on her lips, growing eager as she stepped towards the bar. She knocked on the door, waving at the man who slid open the hatch. He nodded, quickly opening the door to let her in.

Arabella's eyes scanned the bar, eyes narrowing on a scene with Stefan and her older sister, Rebekah, play out. The strawberry-blonde rolled her eyes, noticing the familiar look of lust pass Stefan.

Arabella took a seat at a booth up high, ordering a martini. She didn't get into dancing, not wanting to draw attention to herself. She couldn't have Rebekah seeing her, knowing that she would definitely tell Niklaus.

Flashback Over

"Chicago was magical." Arabella reopened her eyes, blinking as she focused on the events happening.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it," Stefan said.

"Down to business, then?" Arabella questioned.

"Why am I still with you two? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asked Klaus.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her," Klaus stated. He smirked at the youngest vampire before climbing back inside the car.

Arabella looked at him before patting his shoulder sympathetically. "It'll all make sense soon, Stefan," Arabella said to him.

_____

Arabella's eyes widened slightly as they stepped inside the bar. She was amazed that it was still existing in Chicago, thinking it had been shut down during the Prohibition.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus remarked.

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan murmured, looking around the bar in awe.

"Neither can I," Arabella agreed.

"You went here?" Stefan asked her, confused.

"Darling, someone had to keep an eye on you while Lexi was gone," Arabella replied, smirking when he met her gaze. Stefan looked shocked but didn't reply, deciding to think.