CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT | QUIT ME, PLEASE

10 COMMENTS THAT DO NOT SAY "UPDATE"

Arabella looked at herself through the reflection of the mirror, tracing her lips with red lipstick. The strawberry-blonde set the gloss down, sighing lightly as she heard her sister walked into her room.

"Red lipstick. You're planning something bold," Rebekah stated.

"Oh, sod off," the strawberry-blonde muttered. "Where's Nik?"

"He left us!" Rebekah exclaimed. Arabella huffed, rolling her eyes as she turned around to face her sister.

"Have you called him?" Arabella questioned.

"I have no idea how this thing works. Of course I didn't call him," Rebekah snapped at her sister.

"I honestly worry about you sometimes," Arabella said to her with a shake of her head. The vampire reached for her phone and clicked Klaus' contact, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello, sister," Klaus greeted her.

"Where the hell are you?" Arabella questioned, her tone slightly angry.

"Away for a little while. Tell Rebekah not to get too angry," Klaus said to her.

Arabella looked over at her sister.

"Too late," she said. "Do what you need, brother. Don't expect welcome arms, though." She clicked the phone off.

"Well. I'm going to compel myself a house," Arabella said, looking around at the hotel her and her sister were staying in. "I can't live in this forever."

"I'll come with," Rebekah remarked, starting to follow her sister.

"No, you're going to do this on your own. Time for you to expand, Bekah," Arabella said. She walked out the hotel, ready to compel herself another house.

_____

Arabella twirled the keys in her finger, a small smirk on her face as she examined the house. The strawberry-blonde turned to the seller, looking at the woman in a suit and her blonde hair in a bun.

"It's brilliant," Arabella commented. "I'll take it."

"Wonderful!" The woman announced with an exaggerated smile. "Just sign here and the house is yours."

Arabella did as she told, shooing the woman away with compulsion then calling the furniture store, ordering some art and decor for her house. Once everything was set up (which took time considering Arabella was a perfectionist) she was able to step outside her house and examine her neighbors--all of them completely clueless to her status. She had glanced down at her phone, seeing Rebekah had texted her about some bonfire the high school was throwing. Arabella was mildly interested, yet decided to go for the sake of her sister.

Arabella made sure to clean up (fix her makeup and change her outfit) before she sped over to the bonfire. It was already night, yet Arabella hated showing up to parties early. She preferred to make an entrance.

And she did; strawberry-blonde hair curled to perfection, makeup done, outfit showing enough skin to make every teenage guy stare at her. She smirked slightly as she stepped over to the keg, spotting Rebekah and Stefan talking.

"You all right there, Bekah?" Arabella teased, noticing she was having trouble with the nozzle of the keg.

"I thought Tyler would be here," Rebekah pouted.