4. Don't Blame Me For Being Cheesy

I hear a voice calling behind me.

My legs move faster than I intend and i look at the ground. Cars drive by and my breathing quickens. I pass my house and keep walking down the street. 

"Melody!" he yells before running up to me. 

Ryder King. Brown hair, blue eyes, funny, kind, smart, serious when needed, romantic, amazing, perfect. You would think. He seemed perfect, but he broke my heart, big time. You would think that after loving someone, they wouldn't sleep with the first blonde they see. I gave him my love, I gave him my affection, I gave him everything. Well, except for my virginity, but I'm not giving that to anyone anytime soon.

"Melody!" he says and puts his hand on my shoulder to stop me from walking any further. I shiver and I realise that is freezing out and I don't have a jacket. "Hey." He notices my goosebumps and takes his jacket off. He puts his jacket around me and his scent wraps around me. Surprisingly, it's relaxing. We turn around and head back towards the house.

"How have you been?" He says casually and gives a smile, the smile I fell in love with.

"Good. You?" I haven't talked to him since the breakup, but I was surprisingly comfortable talking to him. It feels like the good old days. We walked down the sidewalk with his jacket still around my shoulders and I feel a sense of deja-vu.

"Great. I haven't been to a party in a while and I heard Reece throws great parties, so I thought I would give it a try." He shrugs and looks down at me.

"Did you like it so far?" I plaster a fake smile on my face.

"Ya." He pauses and we stop walking. He turns towards me and he has a slightly sad expression on his face. "Why did you run out after you saw me?" I inhale sharply and try to form words but it doesn't seem to work. "Melody?" He snaps me out of my daze and I look into his beautiful blue eyes. He tilts his head to the side and I sigh.

"Honestly, I don't know. I guess.... I don't know. I'm sorry."  

"Were you scared?"

"No. I guess I just didn't expect to see you so soon."

"Soon? It's been 4 months." We start walking again and I don't reply.

We walk in silence for a bit until we reach Reece's house. We walk in and I pull him to the side.

I sigh again. "It's not that I'm not over you, it's just that... I'm kinda shocked to see you. After everything that happened."

"Melody, I just want you to know that I regret everything I did to hurt you. Whether you believe me or not." My puts his hand on my cheek and I close my eyes. If only he didn't break my heart. I take his hand off my cheek and he looks a bit disappointed.

"Thank you Ryder, but what happened this summer, happened. You can't go back and fix it, so there's no point in regretting it." I say honestly. I guess everything happens for a reason, I just don't know the reason yet.

"Melody, I know we had a rough end, but I still want to be in touch. Whether I'm an acquaintance or a friend." I look at the floor to avoid contact and he lifts my chin to look into my dull, grey eyes. "I still want you in my life."

He wants me in his life? If he wanted me in his life, he wouldn't have slept with someone else. He wouldn't have broken my heart. If he wanted to be in my life, he wouldn't of hurt me! He wouldn't have changed me! Blood rushes to my head and I straighten my posture to seem a bit more intimidating.

"Did you keep the blondie in your life? What was her name? Tiffany?" I spit out. I see a look of shock wash over his gorgeous features. He looks a bit taken back and I mentally smirk.