Liam

Liam

As I opened my eyes I let out a painful groan, my back was killing me and my head laid on something hard. Then I remembered where I was. The gym! Unfortunately I had been kicked out of my parents because; well I don't even know why they just told me to get out. So now I was sleeping at work.

I was a trainer at the local Gym in my town, one of the better ones if I say so myself. I had been working here since I left school, so that would be a couple of years now. I loved it. It was the perfect job for me. I got free access to the gym's equipment and got to train people and keep them fit. Something which I loved doing very much.

I sat up slowly and let out another painful groan. I must have slept funny on my back or something, but I guess that's what you get from sleeping on a make shift chair. Id somehow managed to push two average desk chairs together and sleep across them, and now I was going to pay for it. Placing my hands on the desk I pushed myself up from my seated position to a standing one, leaning back I cracked my back. It released a little of the pressure but not all of it. I glanced over at the clock, 8:30am.

I had to open the Gym in an hour. I had enough time to shower and grab a bite to eat so that's what I did. After using the Gym's showers I had a quick wash down then placed on some fresh clothing. I noticed I was running low and would have to do some more laundry very soon. But for now I just needed to eat something. I dried off the little hair I had and threw the towel to the side.

I stepped outside the back of the Gym then locked it back up. There was a little cafe just down the street so I decided to go there for some food. The day was turning out to be average, well the weather was anyway. The sun was out, but it wasn't hot and there was a slight breeze. I passed a few shops, nothing really that interesting. But then something caught my eye.

"Hey what's that?" I asked the blonde boy putting up a notice in a shop window.

"Oh just looking for some flat mates." he answered in a thick Irish accent.

"Flat mates aye? How many you after?" I questioned him

"Erm 3, maybe 4," he spoke again "You interested mate?"

I thought about it for a second. I didn't really know this kid. But I couldn't keep sleeping at the Gym. I had my own money to pay towards rent. And if we were splitting a place with 4 other people things would be a lot cheaper.

"I think I am actually. Hi I'm Liam. Liam Payne." I held my hand out for him to shake.

"Niall Horan. Nice to meet ya. Look mate I'm in a bit of a rush right now, but take one of these and if you're interested give me a call." he explained and began to walk off.

"Wait," I called after him "I could put some of these up in the Gym I work at if you want."

"That'd be great," he smiled handing me a couple of the pieces of paper he held. "I really must be off."

And with that he was gone up the street. I wonder what he was rushing for. Maybe he's late for work or something! I brushed the thought of the blonde Irishman out my mind and entered the cafe. I placed my order at the counter and took my Tea to sit down and wait for my food. While I sat I looked over the piece of paper I had taken from Niall. I think that was his name, I never was very good with names.

I read down the information. Basically it just said that he was looking for likeminded people who wanted to flat share in the area. A nice size house had become available and was quiet expensive. There was a picture of the house and it looked amazing. The rent was a lot but if it was worked out between 4 or 5 people it would only work out to a couple hundred each a month. That was easy money for most people. Then of course everyone would chip in for food and other bills. It was a great idea really.

The waitress from the counter brought over my sarnie. I smothered the insides in brown sauce and devoured it in seconds. I hadn't realised how hungry I was until I was finished. But that sarnie was lush. I paid my bill and headed back to the Gym with the papers in hand. I was defiantly going to give Niall a call later. Anything would be better then sleeping in the Gym office.

I glanced down at my phone to check the time and it was lucky I did. 9:30am time to open the Gym. I picked up my pace and rounded the corner to find a couple of people already standing outside. They were regulars I recognised, they were here most Saturday's and always early.

"Come on mate!" One of them laughed waving his arms around.

The other lad had jet black hair; he was just standing waiting patiently but did chuckle lightly at the other lad's encouragement. I jogged a bit until I reached the door, unlocking it and walking inside. The two boys were following behind as I opened each door.

"There we go, open and ready to train." I spoke up then left them to change in the locker room.

They weren't the guys I would train but they were both always here. The cockier one more than the other. I don't know either of their names as I was usually always training someone when people were here but today I had no clients. So I could do my own thing.

I sat in the office as I watched a couple more people stroll in off the street for their workouts. The boys who had followed me in were now both in their own worlds as they worked out. I watched as the cockier one threw some punches into a large boxing bag. He was very ripped from the looks of it. His arm muscles strained through his shirt that looked a little tight for him as he landed each punch. The black haired boy was running on one of the treadmills, he had nice legs.

I was quickly snapped from my inappropriate thoughts when I remembered the flyers that the Irish kid had given me to put up. I jumped from my seat and made my way out into the area where everyone would work out. I placed one flyer up by the office and then another just by where the cocky guy was boxing.

"Hey what's that?" he asked.

"Oh just a flat share thing someone asked me to put up for him." I explained.

"Oh really, I've been looking for a place to live." he spoke up.

Oh god really. I mean I wanted a place to live and was really considering phoning Niall later about one of the spots at the house, but would I be able to live with a guy like this one.

"Yeah cool. I was thinking about it too." I told him honestly.

I spoke a little with the usually fluffy haired guy when we were approached by the handsome dark haired guy with nice legs.

"What's this then?" he dropped into the conversation

"Some guy needs flat mates." Cocky answered

"Oh nice. I was looking for a place!" he added.

Ok so was everyone looking for a place to live? I left them talking as I made my way back to the office. I couldn't keep staying here at the gym and if this many people also needed places to live I better get in their quick. I pulled out my mobile and dialled Niall's number from the flyer.

"Hello." he answered in his gorgeous accent.

"Hey Niall, its Liam from the shops." I explained who I was before I continued talking. "I'd really like to take one of those spaces for that flat share mate."

"Yeah, cool. Right well one down three to go." he spoke and I couldn't help but chuckle at the way he said three, it sounded more like tree.

"Alright man, well keep me updated this is my number."

"Will do. Bye mate."