Family Traditions

At 34 weeks I'm absolutely huge. And I have no idea what to do with myself all day.

I sit around the apartment doing nothing. I've folded and re-folded all of Addison's clothes. I've organized my and Elliot's closet. I've watched every season of Grey's Anatomy twice. I take Elliot lunch every day. Not because he ever asks, he hasn't asked once, I go because I'm bored, and I need to see people.

When I get to the precinct today with Elliot's lunch I can hear yelling, before I even step out of the elevator.

"You can't fire me, I didn't do anything!" a women screams.

"I absolutely can." says Cragen loudly.

When I walk into the squad room I can see Dani Beck and Captain Cragen having a very animated fight.

"You little whore." she yells at me.

As soon as she says that Elliot pulls me tight against him.

"Dani get out and don't come back." Elliot says.

"I'll kill her, I will." Dani says drawing her gun and pointing it at me.

Almost immediately, there are 5 guns on Dani. Munch, Finn, Cragen, Elliot, and a random uni all pulled their guns.

"Put your goddamn guns down." she says, "I'll shoot her, and then she'll be dead and so will your daughter." she sneers at Elliot.

"Everyone put them down." Elliot says.

When no one lowers their guns except for Elliot, Dani goes for the trigger. My hands immediately go to protect my belly. But Elliot throws himself in front of me.

There's one gunshot. And then two. And then three.

I'm hoping, praying, that none of them hit Elliot.

When I look down, Elliot's bleeding from his arm.

I drop down to my knees and put pressure over his wound.

"Elliot, listen to me." I say crying, "Elliot your going to be okay, I promise baby, your going to be okay."

He looks so pale.

"Liv, the bus is on its way." Cragen says.

"Is anyone else hit?" I ask frantically.

"No, Dani took the other two bullets." Cragens says.

When the paramedics load Elliot onto the bus I hop in the back.

"Ma'am you can't be in here." a 20 something paramedic tried to tell me.

"First of all, don't call me ma'am, it makes me sound like I'm old enough to be your mother which I'm not by the way, and I'm NYPD, NYPD trumps whatever policy your trying to enforce." I say firmly.

"Well alright then." he says.

As soon as we get to the hospital they take Elliot too surgery. I've been sitting in the waiting room for over 2 hours when the doctor finally comes out.

"Family of Elliot Stabler?" he says.

"That's me." I say worried.

"He's just fine, the bullet was through and through, it nicked an artery, but we were able to get everything under control, he can go home today." says the doctor.

"So he's awake?" I ask, "He's fine?"

"He's already asked to go home.... Twice." says the doctor.