An Even Bigger Surprise

Elliot is going above and beyond ever since we found out about the pregnancy.

And I've never seen him more excited about anything.

You're supposed to be able to feel the baby kick at the very earliest at 14 weeks. The average is about 17 weeks, but I'm getting a little impatient. At 15 weeks I'm absolutely huge. I would say that our Doctor had gotten the date of conception wrong but, even so I could only be at the most 16 weeks.

My morning sickness is slowly fading, and I am very grateful, I'm
so excited for my next ultrasound.

At the next ultrasound we get to find out the sex of the baby.

Desk duty is the worst. But Fin is out for a few hours so I Cragen is sending me out to interview a victim.

When Elliot and I get to the hospital we get all the information about the attack from Dr. Montgomery who's running the ER today.

The victims name was Audrey Kennison. She was grabbed from outside of a grocery store and dragged into an alleyway. He tried to rape her but when she was pleading for her baby's life, he started to beat her.

She was just out of surgery, but she had lost the baby. She was about 6 months pregnant. And she had asked for a female detective.

As soon as I walk behind the curtain I feel her eyes on me.

"Hi, I'm Detective Benson." I say, "Can you tell me what happened?"

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" She said angrily.

"Excuse me?" I say.

"Your pregnant, probably about 6 months just like I was." She says.

I stutter.

"What?!?" She asks frustrated.

"Nothing." I say, "Can you tell me what happened to you tonight?"

"You seem like a very nice woman but, I can't talk to you about this, I can't look at you and talk about how he attacked me and killed my baby when you have what I desperately want, which is just to have a healthy baby growing inside of me." She says, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'll send my partner in." I say quietly.

"Just get out, please get out." She says angrily.

I walk out and Elliot looks at me questioningly.

"El, you need to go in and talk to her, I represent everything she just lost." I say quietly.

When Elliot walks always Dr. Montgomery keeps talking to me.

"Olivia, you look great, when are you due?" She asks. 

"Around Christmas time, I say, I just hit 4 months yesterday." I say a small smile on my face as I rest my hand in my bump.

"Olivia, that doesn't seem right." She says concerned.

"I know, I'm huge, but at the most I could only be 16 weeks." I say.

"Olivia, you need another ultrasound, right now, there could be something wrong." She says.

"My doctor said the baby was completely healthy." I say, fighting back tears.

"I want to take you up for an ultrasound right now." She says.

"I have to wait for Elliot." I say hoping he'll be done soon.

"Olivia, I know he's your partner but this is about your baby, not whether or not he'll be frustrated that your not waiting for him." She says.

"Elliot is the baby's father and my fiancé, I'm can't do this without him." I say, my voice cracking.