Halloween

When I woke up the next morning I could see the tears that stained Elliot's face.

God I felt like such an asshole. He was lying somewhere unconscious and I was pissed off at him because he was late getting home. And then he comes home apologizing for being late because I made him feel shitty. Sometimes I don't know what the hell he sees in me...

My thoughts were interrupted by Elliot putting his hand on my belly.

"Morning Liv." he said yawning, and then wincing because of his ribs.

"Hey babe, how are you feeling?" I ask, running my hand through his hair.

"Like I got the shit beat out of me." he says, "How about I get up and make my girls some pancakes, you guys have got to he starving."

"The hell you will," I say pushing him back into the bed, "Elliot, you are not moving today, Melinda's coming over later to check out your ribs but other than that, we're not moving from this bed."

"She'll be here in 10 minutes with breakfast and her medical kit." I say leaning into the side of him that wasn't bruised.

"God Liv you are so good to me." he says smiling and playing with my hair.

"No I'm not Elliot..." I say pulling away from his touch.

"Liv, you bathed me like a child last night because I physically couldn't do it myself, you put me in bed, even without last night, you've always taken care of me." he says adamantly.

"Elliot before you came home, I was angry with you, I wanted to throw your shit out the window, I hated you for not coming home " I say, tears building in my eyes, "But you were lying somewhere unconscious thinking about me, and El, the first thing you did was apologize for not getting back to me sooner, I didn't need an apology, the second you walked in the door I wasn't mad at you anymore."

"Liv you had every right to be mad at me." he says.

"No I didn't, I should have been calling all the hospitals in New York and out looking for you, but you know what I did instead?" I say angrily,"I said I knew Elliot would leave, I knew this was all too much for him, but it wasn't Elliot, you were lying somewhere bleeding."

"Liv," he says grabbing my hands, "This is not too much for me, it's exactly what I've wanted for 10 years, and none of last night was your fault, I'm not mad at you." he says. 

"You should be Elliot, yell at me, get mad that I didn't come looking for you, you can't seriously be okay with this." I say with my head in my hands.

"I'm not mad, Liv, I'm just happy to be home with you and our baby girl." he says pulling me close to him.

"God Elliot I don't understand how you can be so forgiving." I say.

"Easy, your the love of my life, and there's nothing to forgive," he says pulling me into him, "Your head went to crazy places when I didn't come home last night."

"Is it really that crazy El?" I ask looking up at him.

"If anything about last night made me mad, it's that you thought I would leave you and our baby girl." he says kissing the top of my head.

"El I could have lost you, we could have lost you." I say crying.

"But you didn't, I'm home with you, the only place I ever want to be." he says rubbing my back.