An Interesting Dinner

"Liv are you okay?" Elliot asked quietly, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm just nervous El, I haven't seen Maureen in over a year and this time I'm 7 months pregnant with her dads baby, it's gunna be a little weird." I say trying to break free of his embrace so I could set the table.

"Mo loves you, it'll be fine." He assures me.

"I know El, I just want her to be happy for us and I want her to love her sister." I say.

"She's already texted me three times to ask what color the nursery is so she can get things for the baby." he says with a small chuckle, "I think she's pretty in love with the idea of a baby sister."

"Oh, El, she's here!" I say jumping out of my chair to answer the door.

Deep breaths Olivia, that's what I keep thinking to myself. I've never been this nervous to see Maureen, I've known her since she was 9 years old, but this time feels so weird.

"Olivia!" she says with a smile, "It's so good to see you!"

She hands Elliot a gift bag and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Hey Mo," Elliot says, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you to Dad, but I haven't seen Olivia in forever and clearly we have a lot of things to catch up on." she says sitting down on the couch.

I sit down next to her while Elliot returns to the kitchen. I'm wearing jeans and a sweater that's a little small so when I sit down my sweater rides up on my bump.

"Liv you look great!" she says happily, "How've you been?"

"Thanks Mo, I've been alright, definitely busy getting ready for your sister." I say with one hand on my bump.

"So tell me everything." she says smiling.

"Well your dad and I had been dating a little over 3 months when I found out I was pregnant, a little late in the game, I was about 10 weeks, and your dad proposed the next morning and I was about 16 weeks when we found out it was twins..." I say before she cut me off.

"Oh wow Liv, that's amazing, twins, you guys didn't mention that it was twins." she said beaming.

"Well umm, about 3 weeks ago I lost one of the twins." I say tearing up just thinking about it.

"I'm so sorry Liv, I didn't mean to bring it up again." she says looking at her hands.

"It's okay honey, you didn't know." I say quietly.

When I groan both Elliot and Maureen are by my side almost immediately.

"Guys I'm fine," I say, "She kicks damn hard but I'm fine."

"Baby girls gunna be fierce just like her mama." Elliot says and kisses me on top of my head.

"Mo do you wanna feel?" I ask

"Of course." she says excitedly.

I take her hand and put it on the side of my belly waiting for her to kick again. When she does I see Maureen's face light up.

"Oh my god!" she says, "Liv that's so cool!"

"I know, it really is." I say rubbing the top of my bump.

"I can't wait for that..." Maureen says quietly.

"Maureen are you...?" I ask