Mo's First Ultrasound

When I woke up Elliot and Maureen were still asleep so I decided to make breakfast.

Maureen had been staying with us for 5 days already and I loved having her, it's nice to have another girl in the house, but it's also nice to get to know Maureen better than I did when she was just my partners kid.

While I was making the eggs Elliot came up and hugged me from behind. When I turned around I saw Maureen running for the bathroom and I just laughed.

"What's so funny?" Elliot asked

"The smell of the eggs made Maureen sick and that was me a few weeks ago, I'm just really happy that's not me anymore." I say.

"Ahhh speaking of, happy 29 weeks Liv." he said with a smile.

"11 weeks, of hopefully less until we meet baby girl." I said giving him a quick kiss before I turned back to the breakfast.

"Hey Liv, do you still have ginger ale?" Maureen asked.

"I think so honey, but we both have to get ready soon, my appointments in an hour and yours is right after." I say

Maureen had told me that when she got the call from Elliot telling her I was pregnant, she had panicked because thought she'd had the flu and then as soon as she thought about it she was late. So as soon as she hung up with me she had run to the store to get a bunch of tests. Her boyfriend, Steven had been deployed to Afghanistan 12 weeks prior. I felt really bad for her, Steven was gone and her mom won't answer her calls. But she seemed to be having an okay time with me and El.

Today is a very busy day for us. Maureen and I have our appointments with my OB and then we're driving down to New Jersey to visit Elliot mom for the weekend. I was really nervous to meet Elliot's mom for first time, technically the second time, I met her once when Elliot and I were new partners, but I'm meeting her for the first time as his fiancé and the mother of his baby.

When we got to the doctors office Maureen looked like she was going to pass out.

"Mo honey, are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm just really nervous Liv, this is the kind of thing I always thought my mom would be here for." she says quietly.

"I know you do sweetie, and I know it's not the same that I'm here, not even a little bit, but I'm here okay?" I say holding her hand.

"No it's not the same, I think it's better." she said squeezing my hand.

"What do you mean honey?" I ask her confused.

"Liv, I trust you so much, and you've been there for me when she hasn't over the past few years, and this is one of the most important days of my life and your here." she says

"I'm so glad you trust me Mo." I say smiling at her

"Olivia Benson?" says the nurse.

When Mo and I walk back to the exam room the nurse asks who Maureen is.

Mostly because I don't want to explain but also because I love her, I say, "This is Maureen, my daughter."

When I say that Maureen grabs my hand and I smile.

I'm a little sad that Elliot couldn't come today but he had to be at work and Maureen didn't want him at her appointment and I really get that.

Maureen and I are talking when the ultrasound tech comes in.

"Alright Ms. Benson, are you ready to see your baby?" she says.

"Always." I say while I pull my shirt up.