"Ellie...don't cry" he said, his voice soft before he shifted, pulled her down so that they lay side by side, facing each other.

"Archer, I get that you don't want to tell me all of these before but why can't you at least just tell me who Lucy was you half-sister before"

"Because I don't consider her as even a step sister so I will have to tell you the rest of the story as they're all connected then you'll leave"

"What makes you think that I'll leave?!"

"No one wants me. Even for free!" he chuckles, before Ellie could say anything else he continues

"Money is always involved everytime I'm...passed around" his voice shook a little, "Yo-you'll realized that I'm unwan-" he stops, "Then you'll leave" he looked deep into her eyes. Ellie couldn't misread hope in them.

Oh god, Archer's feeling insecure.

Ellie knew exactly what he tried to say before he stops. He was trying to say that he's unwanted.

'What the hell have those horrible people done to you?' she wants to shout in anger but instead she cupped his jaws, pulled him close until their foreheads touch, she stared right back into his eyes hoping he'll see her sincerity.

"I want you" she said firmly. She watch as his eyes darken, the insecurity fading, he likes what he hears, "I want you so much. Don't ever say that you're unwanted again" she says, half shouting in anger at whoever made him feel so insecure, "Who in the right mind would want to leave you." She licked her lips before she whispered "You're perfect"

He laughs "No. That's you"

"What?"

He trailed a finger down her cheeks, his eyes following the trail, and then leading to her lower lip "Perfect" he mumbles.

Ellie leaned up and kissed him, hard and hungrily, wanting him to feel how much she meant every word.

When she pulled back, Archer leaned down burying his face into her neck while pulling her close to him.

"They better not show me their face after all these. I swear I'd do something to them" anger heated up her body once again. She clenched her fist.

She narrowed her eyes on top of his head when she felt Archer smiling against her skin.

"Archer, don't you dare smile! I'm serious. I can be very dangerous when I'm angry. I can go...hulk!"

He groaned before laughing out, "You're going to be the death of me"

He raised his head, giving her a quick kiss. "I know how dangerous you are" his voice low, her heart skip a beat.

"I...I..." she had a feeling that they weren't talking about the same 'danger'

"You know, you said you aren't brave but believe me, you are"

Ellie sighed "That's sweet but you're saying that because you're my man"

"Your man" Archer says, clearly pleased by the way his chest rumbles as he said that.

"I'm serious. No one ever stands up to Kellan. You're the first one"

"Truly?" Ellie squeak in horror, "I almost get killed by him!"

"I'll never let that happen" he mumbled but Ellie clearly heard him so she smiled. Her heart can't help but warms up. Yup, Archer can be adorable at times but like he'll accept that. She's so in love with him. He's letting his guard down without knowing what her initial intentions were. That saddens her instantly. Maybe now's the perfect time to confess. Yeah, she will. She decided.

"You also stood up to me. Ever one leaves me alone when I'm mad but you, you follow me around without knowing what I could do. You're the only one who sticks around when I fucked things up. You know, as soon as I came back, I said rude things to you, trying to push you away, but failed, assuming it'd be better to get over you before I let you in then only to end up breaking me. Because you're the only one who's fucking capable of both"

Oh no! Ellie held her breath, "Both?" she asks hesitatingly, yet hoping he'll somehow change the subject.

"Breaking my defense as well as breaking me. I knew it the moment I laid my eyes on you. My soft spot" he smiles, "The 5 year old me didn't know how to put it but I just knew, that you are for me. All for me and that you'd be the death of me."

"But..."

"What I'm trying to say is, you still come to me. Even after I've been rude to you, you to come and ask me to go out with you. You're still with me after knowing all about me"

Ellie couldn't help but tear up in sadness. How could she ever confess now! He thinks that I see past his exterior and goes to him because I still like him beside the things he's done to me. Now, she's afraid. So afraid of him knowing the truth. Afraid of him leaving her. She hugs him closer this time, hoping he wouldn't raise his head and her closing her eyes with pain and sadness.

' I'm going to lose him' that sentence played over and over up in her

head.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An- Please Note that the 'male heir' thing starts from the old days. In those days, they only want male as an heir. And I know it is horrible and that exactly is what I am trying to show here.

BTW..I think that the song/Vid attached to this chapter fits the situation.
It's 'I'll follow you into the dark' by DCFC:)
(I LOVEEE IT)