Chapter28

"Tonight, I choose you, Mr. Turtle" Ellie hugged the stuffed turtle close as she lay stretched out on the bed with her rather impressive collection of stuffed animals.

A frantic pounding on the front door caused her to let out a sigh as she set aside Mr. Turtle and ran downstairs to answer the door. Without a care for her safety Ellie didn't bother to even check the peephole for the identity of the person on the other side, she just pulled open the door.

She blinked in surprise, "Patrick?" Why was at her doorstep an hour or so before midnight?

His eyes were wide, as he quickly spoke. "It's A."

Ellie gasped. Was Archer hit again? He definitely wouldn't go to the hospital so perhaps they needed her to stitch him up instead.

"Come on." Patrick spoke. Not giving her a chance to argue, he quickly grabbed her wrist and began dragging her to the house next door. As they walked up the pathway, the beat of loud music reached her ears. Perhaps they were using music to distract Archer from the pain?

As they entered the house, Patrick swiftly yanked her into the living room. Ellie could feel her jaw drop at the sight before her. A mini party was in full swing in the house. Gabriel had climbed up on the table, and was busy singing along with the song and dancing to 'Barbie Girl' with a little pelvic thrust timed to the beat. James was sitting on the arm of the couch, laughing as he watched Gabriel put up his engaging performance. Kane was sitting on the single seater couch, smoking. When she finally located Archer, he was already gazing right at her. He was seated on the couch with a can of beer on his hand.

"You lied." She sent an accusatory glance at a grinning Patrick.

"What do you mean? I just said 'It's R." He blinked, trying to look innocent.

Ellie sighed as she realized she had been well and truly tricked. She locked gazes with Archer, who gestured for her to come closer. She had a sinking feeling she wasn't going to get out of here anytime soon, so she squared her shoulders and made her way to his side. As the others noticed her arrival, they smiled in greeting.

"Ellie!" Gabriel waved frantically at her. She shyly waved back at him before ducking her head and moving forward.

She tried to sit beside Archer, but he was having none of it and promptly pulled her into his lap. He nuzzled his head into her hair and took in her heavenly scent and settled there, his grip tightening noticeably around her waist.

Patrick had now joined Gabriel on the tabletop. "For Ellie, Our Queen." He shouted, immediately sending a deep blush raging across her face.

James shifted beside them, and held out a beer to Ellie. "Here you go"

"Um... I'd rather not." Ellie politely declined. Not because she was a goody two shoes, she was a major lightweight when it came to alcohol and was also a bad kind of drunk. She'd gotten drunk once over a 'wine' and what happened after wasn't something she was proud of.

"Oh come on, girlie. Just take a sip once in a while. It won't do any damage. It's just a beer." James smiled boyishly at her as he coaxed her into accepting the drink.

"Beer still contains 3-6% alcohol." Ellie argued feebly. At his raised brow she let out a sigh and quietly took the bottle from him.

"Good girl" James chuckled.

"Ellie! Come and sing with us." The twins shouted.

"I'd rather not." Ellie called back distractedly. Archer, with his head still buried in the crook of her neck, was constantly rubbing his hand up and down her side; distracting her and making her feel more nervous with every passing moment.Against her better judgment, Elliebegan to drink the beer to distract her from the intense reaction she felt as a result of his touch. She inwardly sighed; it was going to be a long, arduous night.