Chapter45

Edited by : purvig

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELLIE SIGHED IN relief as soon as they reached home. Nothing much happened (like she had expected) at the Frosts' home.

She remembered how speechless she was when they reached their house which was more like a mansion. It was a typical rich person's home like in those movies, minus the fountain. There were big statues on either side of the runway which must have cost a fortune. She even wondered if the two storey mansion was haunted. It must be lonely for only a family to live in such a big, quiet house like that.

They were greeted by the some kind of a butler (Yes, a butler) and maids like they were some famous people being welcomed into their homes.

When they entered the house, Ellie could tell that everything in it had cost thousands of dollars, millions maybe. She had never seen things so fancy in real life. From the curtains that seem to be made out of some special silk with lace at the hem to the leather carpets, paintings, vase with a peculiar design etc.

The maid led them inside a dining room where the members of the Frost family sat on the dining table. They looked like some royal family by the way they carried themselves. The chandelier above glowed bright, illuminating the whole room.

Ellie zoned out during the introductions by studying Mr. Frost who was a very tall man probably in his late forties. He's didn't look like the rich handsome businessman in the movies. He's looked...average. He didn't look too friendly either. Absence of lines on the corners of his mouth (for a man his age) kind of made her guess that he wasn't a man who was fond of jokes. He just stood tall and proud, an epitome of a power. He seemed to simply grunt when he spoke with his deep voice.

She then turned to look at Mrs. Frost when she introduced herself and laughed at something her father had said. She sure was very pretty but something was missing. Though Ellie felt bad, she couldn't help but freak out when Mrs. Frost's mouth didn't move when she laughed! She guessed she was in her early forties judging from their daughters but she looked way younger due to her smooth skin. Way too smooth for a woman her age.

They were then introduced to only their two daughters as the eldest sister was not with them. She noticed that both girls got their well groomed blonde hair from their mom, green eyes from their dad and the rest was probably from their mom's beauty, the beauty from her younger days as there seemed to difference in how they looked and how their mom looked now.

The television didn't do them justice as they looked so much better in real life. They were freaking gorgeous. No wonder they were famous in town for it. They both had the pretty smile on their faces.

Lucy greeted her by saying, "Nice to meet you again, Ellie. Love your dress."

Ellie blushed as she was caught staring. Lucy seemed to love that as she smirked. Ellie lied when she said, "Me too." She didn't know what Lucy was to Archer yet it wasn't really nice for her to see her again.

Halfway through the dinner, she felt eyes on her. She felt more than a pair of them. So, she looked up to see that the sisters were openly staring at her, looking amused. Even Mr. and Mrs. Frost were looking at her. She felt like an insect scrutinized under a microscope. That even made her choke on the steak.

Ellie shook her head, wondering as to why exactly were they invited. She knew it was due to his dad's business but it felt like there was something more to it.

She entered her room to see Archer pacing in his room through their windows. She quickly closed the door and approached him.

He turned his head at the same time and easily climbed through the windows and stormed towards her making her stop and wait for him to do something.