Chapter41

Ellie rapped her feet nervously against the floor and jumped every time she heard loud noises coming from inside the locker room as she stood in front the door. She just couldn't handle leaving him alone even though James thought he'd want it so she ran back in there.

She grabbed the handle and opened it to witness Archer kicking the bench and punching the locker. His knuckles bled!

She gasped and ran in there, "Archer" she called him out.

Archer stilled as he heard her voice. He doesn't turn around though. He still had both his hands on the locker. So, she approached him and stood behind him.

She debated weather she should ask him if he was okay but he clearly wasn't. It still doesn't feel nice to see him with Lucy. But, she just can't assume things. After they dated, he was always with her when she needs someone. Now, Archer needs comfort. She wasn't there for him for the first time so she was going to be there for him. Even for a little while. She could pretend that she was his real girlfriend for a moment.

So, she wrapped both arms around his waist from behind and pressed her face into her back. He stilled. It was weird that she somehow felt that he's in pain. She was sick that she felt so useless. She doesn't know what to say to him. Tears blurred her eyes. So, Ellie showed him she was there by hugging him hoping it would reach him the same way his pain reached her.

"E-Ellie.."

"It's okay, Archer" she says even though she had no idea what bothered him, "Don't hurt yourself anymore" she doesn't like him getting hurt. More tears blurred her eyes as she realized that she was being a hypocrite again. She was trying to break his heart! She shook her head. Forget about that for a moment. Don't cry. You need to be strong for him.

She felt his hands grabbing both her arms, freeing himself. "No.." she starts to protest before he turned and sat on a bench. Pulling her onto his lap, she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and placed a tender kiss there like he used to and give him affection. She smiled a little when she felt him shivering for a moment knowing that he still react to her little kisses even in that state. She also liked that he didn't push her away as his arms were also around her waist.

"Archer, what's wrong?" He didn't answer her so she assumed that he doesn't want to talk about it.

She leaned back and their eyes locked. Ellie gently ran her fingers through his hair at back of his head. His eyes were hard and void of emotion.

It scared her. She wondered if that meant he doesn't want her there after all. So she tried getting off his lap but his gripped tightened.

"Stay" he says gruffly making her bit her lips. Maybe he needed to take in whatever he went through. But why did he want her with him?

"Distract me?" he asks making her blinked.

She went back to pressed her face against his neck and he did the same. She hummed, "Hold back the river" softly to him without hesitation.

It always felt like she was in some kind of audition when she tried singing in front of someone but with Archer? No pressure. Just like casually singing in the shower. The best thing? He likes it.

They stayed like that till he calms. She can confirm one thing by the way her heart aches for him seeing him so sad. She so like Archer.

ELLIE WAS WITH Tori walking toward the theatre, they were having girls night out. They were going to watch a new movie that was released two days ago. It was Tori's idea.

"Why isn't Amy riding with you tonight?"

"Because Douglas is dropping her off. More like to check no males with her" Tori laughed. Ellie knew that Douglas was Amy's boyfriend but she hadn't met him. At all. Amy wasn't much of a talker. She informed them a few things about him. That's all.

When they almost reached the theatre, Ellie saw four bulky guys in a distance, near the alley. Something about them makes her uneasy. She gets closer to Tori.

"What's the matter, Ellie? Oh" she saw them too, "You scared of them? Don't. Those are just some arseholes. Just don't stare at them"

Ellie nods.

When they got nearer, the boys nudge themselves and stared at them. HER. Don't stare back at them. Her eyes fixed on the path in front of them. She shivered when they walked passed them.

"Too bad. Pretty little thing" she heard one commented.

"Yeah. Lucky f****r. Archer should guard her woman better" another chuckled making her gasped but that makes her walked faster.

"To-Tori, did you hear what they said?"

"No. Did they say something?"

"No-nothing" Tori studied her before pursing her lips. Maybe she was wrong. Still, she had a bad feeling about that.

"Ooh. There they are" Tori said when they finally reach the theatre.

Ellie quickly turned her head to the direction where Tori's gaze was fixed on. Ellie blinked. Definitely not out of disappointment as he was an eye candy, it was out of shock.

"That's Douglas?"

"Yep. Surprised? Don't be fooled by his look. He's pretty..intense"

Ellie studies the man in front of Amy. He was very tall and lanky. He wears a cap, loose shirt and baggy jeans with some expensive looking shoes. Even though he's HOT, Ellie wouldn't dream that he was Amy's type.

She thought Amy's Douglas would look like James(a bit play boyish) not someone who looked so carefree or easy going. But, who was she to assume that. Because she though she'd end up with someone easy going like that Douglas but she ends up with an Alpha male.

Even though the other girls around were checking him out, his gaze fixed down on Amy the whole time while she looked up at him and said something with a big smile on her face. Ellie couldn't blame him though. He had no reason to shift his gaze away from Amy. Who wouldn't like to look at her.

He said something to Amy, kissed her then walked off with hands in his pocket.

"Amy!" Tori called out. Amy approached them, "Hey, guys."

"Hey there. Kissed him good?" Tori teased.

"You have no idea" Amy chuckled and they enter the theatre.

HALFWAY THROUGH THE movie, Ellie got sleepy and couldn't concentrate anymore. She looked at Amy beside her and see that she looked so bored.

"You don't like it?" Ellie asked with a smile.

"As much as I love you guys I'd rather be with Douglas than watch this crap"

"I'm sleepy" Ellie sighed too. That's the last thing she remembered before she went out cold.

"Ellie..Ellie" she heard someone calling her name. She mumbled, 'go away'

"But-"

"It's okay" she heard a deep male's voice.

She felt herself being picked up, then she was surrounded by a familiar scent. She snuggled closer to the warm wall, wrapped her arms around its neck and buried her face to its neck and sighed in contentment. She heard the sound of her friends' laughter but she ignored them.

"Archer.." she mumbled. She tried to say something like asking him to take her home but she drifted off once again. She so appreciate everything about him right there.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An- Hey guys, wonder about Amy's story? You'll get it in the next chapter. I already wrote their story in the 8th grade. It was actually my dream! Like literally. I find it so interesting that I decided to lengthen it and make it into a book. I wrote it in a paper out of my sudden excitement state but I lost that paper! I cried when I did. Lol. Because, I like it so much. It was short and simple. I can never write the same again as the conversation and words couldn't compare to the first one. But, I don't want to waste it so I'll brief it.

Pic : Amy's Douglas