Chapter39

"Archer's gonna fight this weds. Can you be there to support him?"

"I guess so" she remembered that she had to 'ask' him first, "I better go"

Just as she exit the room she bumped on a hard chest.

"Sorry" she apologized quickly before she looked up. She froze when she saw who it was.

"Kane" she breaths. Oh no! How much did he hear? From the dangerous look in his eyes he must have heard it all but then again, Kane always look dangerous.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Just then Isaac was right behind her. Craps and trolls.

He raised a brow "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" his eyes flicked from Isaac to her. Maybe he hadn't heard it after all. Hope bloomed.

"Um..I..I-" she bit her lips. Shoot. She can't lie after all.

"We're friends. We just bumped into each other and chat about our lives" Isaac answers

"Was I talking to you" Kane narrowed his eyes at Isaac. Please stay silent. Ellie chants and said a silent prayer for Isaac hoping he'll be smart enough to do that. And it works, hr was smart about it and remain quiet.

"Let's pretend I believe that" he chuckled, "You know, he won't like it" he was talking about them meeting in an empty classroom.

Ellie's eyes widen, will he tell Archer?

As if reading her mind, he answered her, "Not telling him. Or else you're friend here would have broken ribs before the day's over"

Ellie's eyes widen. She remembered how cruel the kingx were. They were so kind to her that she had been blinded about what they did to others. To Isaac. Kane's statement reminded her.

He walked away before saying, "Remember what I said"

When he was out of sight, Ellie turned to Isaac, "What will we do? Do you think he knows the plan or suspect us?"

"I don't think he knows but..he might or might not suspect us. Can't be sure, he's so damn hard to read!"

"That's the longest speech or conversation I've heard him made"

"Me too. Just act casual. To erase his doubts , if he did, we need to meet more often"

"Archer won't like that" she blurted out.

"But we'll be more suspicious if they don't see us meet up ever again after telling Kane that we're friends. So, we'll meet in their knowledge"

"Oh. I see"

"So, about the match. I'm counting on you"

ELLIE NIBBLED HER SANDWHICH as she thought of ways to ask Archer if she could attend his fight.

Feeling her tension, Archer leaned in and pressed a kissed on her ear and mummered, "What's wrong"

"Um..Archer. Can I..come to Tim's? You know to watch you fight tomorrow?"

Archer frowned as he stared at her, "How'd you know about that?"

"Well.. I overheard someone talking about it. Probably a regular there?" Please believe her lie!

"I see. Okay" he shrugged. Ellie blinked, that's it? No consequences? Maybe he was just bluffing that day. She sighed in relief.

ELLIE PACED NERVOUSLY in front of the inner door. Her parents were watching T.V. She convinced them that there was a show and she's watching it with her friends. It was half the truth anyway. The fight was kind of show. Her dad wasn't really happy about her baby going out in the dark but her mum interrupted before he interrogates her about it any further.