Chapter25

"WHAT HAPPENED?"

"I failed. Sorry."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Ellie went home right after school as she had nowhere else to be anymore. She prepared dinner for herself. The house was quiet as she went up to her room. She decided to study as she pretty much had had nothing else to do.

Her phone vibrates, she picked it up to see it was a message from Tori. 'Ellie want to come by Leo's cave? Met a hot guy! Totally going to keep him!' she smiled at that. The girls won the match a week ago, so they decided to celebrate that night. She was invited but she declined.

Hmm, it was 10 already! She needs to sleep. She yawns and got up from the chair. That's when she heard noises outside. She stilled, maybe it was a thief! She quickly picked up the chair as there was no bat around.

She slowly crept towards the window and looked out. She saw a man staggering and held on to another man who helped her move towards Archer's house. It was pretty dark but she could tell that the man who seemed injured was Archer.

She wondered what happened. Maybe the other guy was actually pointing a gun at his side so he wouldn't scream? She debated whether she should call 911 or not. She decided to put herself at risk and see what was going on first.

She quickly put a shirt on over her tank top and went outside, the front of Archer's porch was dark. The light illuminating out from his window helped her way.

Should she knock on the door? It'd be totally rude to barge in but it'd be stupid to knock if there was really a bad guy in there. The door opened suddenly and she held her breath.

"Good. You're here" the lanky guy with blond hair, gray eyes said and pulled her in without even taking a proper look at her. Ellie's eyes widen. He knew she was coming?

"I've got the medical kit out along with water, ice and cloth. And I've given him meds. You do your sh*t. Those fu*kers attacked us from behind, hitting him on his head making him dizzy and he couldn't fight well as other days. Still beat shit out of them though." Her eyes widen. They were attacked? Why didn't they call the police?

He leads her to the living room. Archer was laying out on the couch. His eyes were closed. There was a cut near his brow. Blood was dripping down from there, his body looked stiff and hurt. His clothes were dirty, with blood stains on them.

"Holy sh*t." The guy cursed making Ellie's gaze shifts to the guy, he was gaping at her."You're not Lucy." He breaths, he looked pleased as he ran his eyes all over her face and body. "Who are you?"

"Mine." They heard Archer's deep voice rumbled before she answers. Both heads turned to him, he was staring straight at him.

"Sorry man. I didn't know. I thought she was Lucy" Archer's eyes shifted to her wrist, she realized the guy was still holding it before he let it go instantly the minute he followed Archer's gaze.

Ellie moved toward him, knelt at the side of the couch and began to inspect him.

"Archer we need to call the cops."

"No."

"A-and an ambulance."

"No." He's so stubborn.

"You need an expert. I'm not. I only help with minor ones." He went silent meaning he still doesn't want to call someone else.

She looked over her shoulder and saw the medical aid on the coffee table.

"Then, let me check your wounds" she reached up to his head first as the other guy, whose name she still doesn't know, had mentioned he'd been hit there. It wasn't long before she found a bump with a cut, he winced. Luckily, the blood had clot so it doesn't need stitching.

She reached for the wet cloth, cleaning the wound before she applied an ointment. His jaws clench. "Does it hurt?"

"No" he grumbled making her sigh. Men. Then, she went on tending the side of his face, the cut near his brow.

"Anymore more serious parts?"

"No cuts but a bruise would be forming soon over his body." The guy informed her and she nods.

"Leave. Now." Archer ordered.

"Night." He nods and leave without hesitation. Archer was slowly sitting up. Ellie stared after the guy before she was pulled forward by her wrist, causing her to land on Archer's lap and she gasped.

His arms curled around her waist and arranged her in such a way that she was straddling him. She blushed and bit her lower lip nervously. She hesitatingly looked up to see Archer's intent gaze set on her.

"You're hurt. You can't do this." She tried getting off, ineffectively. He lifted his other hand, trailing his knuckles over her soft cheek, caressing it slowly making her breath troubled.

"You don't let other guys touch you when you're mine."

Her eyes widen and stop breathing while her heartbeat rated up rapidly, "You feel me?" he asks. she wondered if that means he's accepting the proposal.

He had touched her before but never this much, never this intense. She may be naive but she felt the difference of his touch before and after, she nods, 'Yes' she whispers

He leaned down making her held her breath, he leaned to the side, trailed his lips along her jaw and placed an open-mouthed kiss there,

'Mine' he whispered making her tummy churn and her felt her heart did a thousand flips. Stupid. Stupid. She mentally scolds herself. He held her closer and nuzzle the crook of her neck, his hot breath sending shivers down her spine. Something tells her that he accepts it.

X x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx X

A/n: Hey guys, hope you like it.

It went up to #35 Yippie!! Thanks for the read, votes and comment.

Edited by: Nellie__Correa

Hot cover by : bullethood