Chapter46

Edited by : purvig

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORI AND ALL the other players were absent from school as they had went out to practice for the final game which was next week. Tori had zoned out at school all the time the previous day, probably thinking about some stratergies. She could give her all to the game as the exams were already over.

Amy would have been alone if Ellie went with Archer so she stuck with Amy. Archer wasn't really happy to be away but respected her decision.

After school, Amy went to practice dance so Ellie parted with her. Just as she reached the gates, she saw Archer a few feet away. He was looking at her as if he was waiting for her.

When she approached him, she asked. "You're not going to Tim's today?"

"We have somewhere to be."

"Really?" Ellie blinked. He smiled and grabbed her hand.

He led her to the left side making her wonder where he was taking her.

After a few minutes, they reached a private clinic.

"Wait, Archer. Are you hurt?" She asked worriedly.

He just smiled again and pulled her in. He nodded at the nurse behind the registration desk and entered a door beside it without knocking.

"Ellie, meet Dr. Thomas Lockwood. "

The doctor, who seemed to be in his early forties stood and smiled at Ellie, offering his hand. "Nice to meet you, Miss Hart."

Ellie was confused but shook his hand. "You too doctor."

"I have heard a lot about you."

"You have?"

He laughed. "Yeah."

"Well..." She looked up at Archer who was grinning.

"You're getting a job here."

"What?" Ellie's eyes widened. She didn't remember asking for a job.

"I need an assistant and Archer here filled me in about you."

"But..but..I'm not even a professional. I just-"

"I know. I got your resume from your uncle Dr. Victor. Actually, Archer submitted the resume. Victor is an old acquaintance as he graduated from the same institute as mine. I know you're not a professional. Yet. But, I don't really need a professional so you can do. I heard that you aim to be one of us so you I can teach you a few things things beforehand."

Ellie only blinked in response. She couldn't believe it! It was a total dream come true! That's when her vision blurred by tears. Definitely tears of joy.

"Ellie." Archer sounded panicked as he hugged her by her waist making her laugh.

"I'm fine." She said before turning to Dr. Thomas. "When can I start?"

"Enjoy today and come back tomorrow. I'm going to work your butt of."

"ARCHER WHY DID you do that for me?" She asked softly on their way home.

"I know you miss the 'curing people job'. I was the reason you stopped being the assistant manager at the basketball team."

"This job is way cooler. But I want to know why you did this for me as you admit that you lost me that position."

"It angered me that you hurt yourself at the court. I convinced myself that it was the team's fault when it was actually my fault."

"What? Why would me getting hurt be your fault? Accidents happens you know."