Chapter 31

Red Arrow

September 24

"Mission"
"Finally, it's been weeks since we have done something" I said
"Your mission today is just simply covert, and I mean it this time. There have been many accounts when I tell you to go quietly into somewhere and then you start fights that you shouldn't be playing" Batman said
"Whattt, we don't do that" Wally said but Batman just gave him his Batman face.
"Anyway, you will be going to the French Alps 45° N, 5° E. There has been a series of small robbers in this area and we need to to investigate and stop them"
"We are going to stop some bank robbers" I said
"No one mission is more important than another one. Unless superman is turning evil. Now I don't want to hear this again, from anyone" he said then turned around and does some work on this computer.
We all got into our winter uniform and then went through the zeta beam. Before we knew it we were in France.

Time hop to the crime scene

"Sir, excuse me, but we were sent here by Batman. I was wondering if you could tell us what happened here" Robin said going to the head police officer.
"How much do you want to bet that these guys are not going to tell us anything about the case" I said joking to the team. Then Robin came back.
"Those officers didn't give us any information. They think they can handle the case themselves" he said
"Wow, do I have super power to predict the future" I said joking.
"But don't worry team, I hacked into their computer" Robin said and with in minutes we knew everything they knew.
After looking though the evidence we made a educated guess that the next robbery will be at a local art store.
We made our way there and waited for the man to strike again.
I had the high position which was on top of the building across the street so I could get a bird's eye view of the art store and around it. It was a boring job but this assignment was a boring one. About ten minutes of waiting I heard something behind me. I pulled my bow and arrow up and turned around but there was no one there. So I turned around and their was someone right it don't of me. So close our noses almost touched.
"You missed me?" The women asked. She was wearing a mask over her face and had long black hair. I recognized were mask from anywhere.
"Cheshire"
"That's my name "
"So you are behind these robbers. Why?" I asked her.
"Why not. I got bored so I decided to take a trip" she said
"I don't believe you"
"You shouldn't" she said "you might have a guess of why I am here but you have no idea. It's only the beginning" she said smiling behind her mask.
"Cheshire you will be stopped" I said then pulled out an arrow and attached it to my bow in less then a second.
"Oh, I think you have a Broken Arrow" she said. It felt so weird but then it felt like I was in a dream after she said broken arrow.

'Wait where did she go?' I asked myself. I looked around the roof top but she was gone.
"This is Red Arrow, watch it for Cheshire. I just saw her and she is the one behind this"
"No kidding Roy" Wally said.
"What do you mean"
"She just robbed about ten minutes ago and where were you?" Wally asked.
"What, but she was just here two seconds ago" I said being very confused.
"Just come down here Roy" Kaldur said.

After climbing down, the cops had arrived so we meant in a alley way.
"Roy, why's happened up there" Conner asked me
"I was just keeping watch then she came up behind me and then she disappeared and then you guys said she already had attack. So I am very confused" I said
"She probably knocked you out" Artemis said sounding a bit angry.
"No she didn't, I know when someone knocks me out"
"Do you remember what the last thing she said to you was" Meagan asked.
Then it hit me, she said "broken arrow." Somehow thinking about that reminded me of being a clone and that was the code word for something.
"No, I don't remember what she said" I said lying.
"Okay, we can do more investigating work later but I don't know about you guys but I am tired. Why don't we go to the safe house and call it a night" Robin said.
"Good idea" Kaldur said back and we walked down to the safe house.

Walking back I tired to tie everything together. Why did she say it was only the beginning. Why rob stores into the middle of now where with no important value. She was obviously not found and arresting with Cheetah and her girl posse. So what does she plan in store now?