Chapter 32

Artemis

September 25

I can't believe my sister, Cheshire, is behind all of this. This seems to low for her. She must be here for something else. What if she is planning to blackmail me?
I can't fall asleep because of her and plus this beds are so uncomfortable. I checked my phone and it was 4 o'clock in the morning.
I decided to get up, put some real clothes on and go walk around, maybe that will clear my mind.
The breeze was a bit chilly but I had a light sweatshirt on. A couple streets away from the safe house, I found a small cafe already opened. When you walk in, the breakfast bar was in front of you and to the sides were booths and tables to sit at. There were only three people in there. An middle age man sitting down at a table, a man about in his twenties sitting at the end of the bar and a women in a black baseball hat sitting at the bar in the middle.
I sat down leaving a space between me and the women.
"Hello miss, welcome to Conner Dinner. How can I help you?" a man asked me.
"Ah, I'll take some tea, any flavor, please" I told him and then he went off to make it.
"It's a cold morning" the women said to me two seats over.
"It is, I am going to miss the warm summer weather" I said making some small talk.
"You have always loved the summer, haven't you Artemis" she said.
"How do you know my name" I said then stood up and she turned her head and looked at me. It was Cheshire.
"How?"
"I knew you wouldn't be sleeping tonight and then you would go for a walk so I came here to meet up with you"
"You stocker" I said sitting back down.
"I know" she said sipping her drink.
"So now that we are alone with out your team, I have something for you to do"
"Cheshire, I am done doing you dirty work. I am not going to do it"
"Okay, so you don't mind me tell your team who your family is"
"Please, I don't want to hear this again" I said as the man gave me my tea.
"Well, the red haired boy you like"
"I do not like him"
"Sure, anyway, he should be coming here any minute to find you, not food, and then he will see us together and how I'll that look for you. Sitting with the villain" she said
"I don't care anymore, I'll tell them"
"Sure you will. Anyway, if you want to join, here is our job. I wrote it on a napping for you." She said than handed it to me. "You are going to regret it if you don't join us" she said.
"I am not going to, no matter how much you black mail me. I'm going to tell them"
"Okay, bye and Oh, can you just do you sister a favor, I want to send a package home for mom. Just put it in the nearest mailbox." She said then left the dinner just as Wally came walking in.
"Good morning" he said opening the door for her
"Thank you" she said then walked away. I quickly grabbed the napkin and put it in my pocket.
"Hey, what are you doing here" he asked.
"I just needed some time to think about the mission"
"Oh, cool. Can I sit" he asked.
"Yeah"
He said down and then asked for a donut to eat.
"Your hidden something" he said eating his donut.
"No I am not"
"Yes, you are, I can tell when someone is hiding something. It's okay you can tell me" he said.
I wanted to tell him everything, but what will he think of me, what will he do if knows the truth.
"I am not hiding anything". I said then walked away.
"God, Artemis. Why can't you tell me. We are friends, I am not going say anything stupid"
"Because I have nothing to say" I said totally lying.
"Please, don't lie to me" he said looking into my eyes. It was so hard to resist not say anything with his green eyes looking at me.
"I..."
"Come in Artemis and Wally. We know what you are doing" Robin said in the mind link.
"What, no, how could you be thinking that" I said trying to hide.
"Okay, we need you back here now anyway" Kaldur said.
Before we walked to the safe house, I put the package in the only mail box in top at the main square. Then we walked to the safe house and barely spoke. The only thing he said to me was "I am always here for you."

"Hey, guys, how was the walk" Robin said as we walked in.
"Shut it" I told him "so what is important that we had to come back"
"We found Cheshire" Megan said.
"What" I said.
"Yeah, she came here to tell us something" Roy said.
"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry I didn't tell you guys before. You must really hate me. I just didn't want to say she was my sister and sports master was my dad because I though you guys wouldn't expect me in. Like you would be like oh she is the daughter of some villains she must be evil to. And then you could think that I am a double agent, and I didn't want to loss you guys. And I am so sorry I didn't tell you" when I was done talking, all there mouths were open. So she obviously didn't say that.
"Artemis" Wally said looking at me and he connected the pieces together from the dinner.
"That is it what she said, is it" I said sitting down.
"Artemis, we would have never done that. All because you are a villain's daughter doesn't make you evil. You have earned our trust on this team and as friends" Kaldur said to me.
"Then what did she say" I asked.
"She said something about making the global news today at 12 at June. It doesn't really make any sense"
"The French president is coming o that location today to visit some kids" Robin said
"Oh now, what does she have in store for that" M'gann said a bit nervous.
"Who nows" Roy said
"Let's get ready for today, I have a feelings it is going to be a long day" Kaldur said

Later around 12, the president has arrived and there are now big crowds of people. The whole team is split up into groups scattered around the area.

'Anyone see anything strange' M'gann said in the mind link.
'Nope'
'Negative'
'Nothing'
My group was me and Wally (Robin made the groups of course)
We were walking around looking for anything suspicious.
"You know you could of have trusted me with that"
"I know, but I didn't want to you hate me, not hate is not the word I am looking for. I didn't want you to look at me differently, do you know what I mean"
"You didn't say anything because of what I would think of you"
"Yes, kind of" she said
"I will never make a judgment of you because of who your parents are. I don't judge people until I meet them" he said
"I just of had a hard time trusting people in past years" I told him
"Hey, I am not one of those people, you can trust me" he said stopped walking and he grabbed my shoulders
If I was in my normal Artemis mood I would yell at him and throw his arm off of me but it felt good to have him touch me. Then he started to lean in, oh my gosh it's coming. He closed his eyes and kissed me, it was a kiss that should of happened a long time ago. For once today, I felt warm and happy and forgot all the bad stuff that just had happened.
When were where done, I have him a long hug and whispered "thank you." Then I looked up and thought I saw Cheshire running through the alley.
"Wait, I think I saw something. I'll be right back" I said than walked over there but I was a dead end alley and nothing was there. Than all of a sudden from the street there was an explosion
'That was just a bomb' Conner said
'Who set it off'
'I didn't see anyone suspicious around where it happened but anyone could have' Roy said from the top of the building.
'Lots of people got hurt down hear, I need help' M'gann said already helping people to safety
'Yes, and be careful, there should be a second bomb' Robin said.
Wally and I ran to the sight of the explosion, boy was it bad.

To be continued