Chapter 22

Kaldur

August 7
"I thought this was going to be easy" Roy said as he shot arrows at the flying creatures.
"I did as well" I said as I absorbed some water from the river below us (we are on a bridge) and then used it to knock out some other creatures.
I felt something grab by back, I turned around and it was one of those creatures. Without thinking, I quickly used my electricity the electrocute it. These creatures that we are fighting look like something from a movie. They were about 4 feet but very dangerous. They looked like mini dinosaurs but walked liked human and they had wings.
'How many more can people see' I say through the mind link.
'About 30 or more left, where I am ' Robin says.
'20ish over here' Kitty Pryde said.
'Okay, so let's say 50 left' Artemis said.
'Make that 49' Wally said proudly
'Good boy' Artemis said like Wally was a dog who just did his truck.
We (the whole team) were all fighting on this bridge that were being attacked by these creatures. They just showed up there so Batman called us in to solve the problem out. But I think he just let us do this mission because the Justice League had there own big mission and didn't want to fight trolls with wings.
Anyway, back to fighting.
These creatures were just not wanting to give up, but the thing that confuses me is were did they even come from??
Three of them jumped up in front of me and we're making "Rawlalala" noise and coming close to me.
I grabbed my water whip and whipped them but one was smart and jumped it. It was still coming closer to me so I swung at it again but it sucked this time. It was just about to pounce on me when spider man shoot a web at it and flinging it across the bridge.
I gave him a quick hand gesture that told him thanks then continued on.
All of a sudden, I feel a shift and hear a crack.
I look around to see the creatures breaking the bridge, at both ends.
'This bridge is about to break' Piotr (Colossus) says.
'There are still people on the bridge' Spiderman said.
'Miss M, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, Spidey, and Colossus make sure this bridge doesn't fall. KF, Superboy, Kitty, Emma, and Charm help people get off. The rest...' I said until I was cut off by Robin.
'Fight we got it' Robin said.
Everyone listened to my orders and moved off.
I stayed on the bridge to finish off the creatures. Then it hit me, could they be working for someone? But I lost that thought when one just dropped on top of me. (He must I climbed to the top of the bridge and jumped)
He covered my eyes and started to laugh. I quickly grabbed him and threw him to the ground.
"Who do you work for" I ask as I take my water whip out.
"I would never tell you"
"So you do work for someone"
"Maybe, and if I did, I would never tell you her name"
That's the thing with tiny creatures that just attack, they have no brain.
I hit him hard, knocking him out.
I turned around to see that things were going good until the bridge started to spilt from the land with people still on the bridge.
Supergirl was using here lazer eyes to hold the bridge back together while the others used there powers to hold it up, but it wasn't good enough.
The bridge was spitting more and more apart. I ran to go help when I heard a woman screaming from behind. She was getting attacked by a creature. So I stopped and turned around to help her. I used the water from underneath (a river) and then pushed the creature off of her.
"Oh, I could kiss you right now, you just saved my life" she said then leaned into me but I stopped her.
"Sorry, but we need to get you off the bridge, now" I said then guided her towards the beginning on the bridge.
Thankfully, Bobby (Ice man) made a ice bridge connecting the bridge to the land.
All the creatures were either passed out or in the water, so I made my focus go to the bridge.
The bridge team had placed the bridge back to the land and everyone was safe. Soon, everyone was off the bridge with no broken bones. By the time it was over, the streets were filled with firetrucks, police cars, ambulances, and news station trucks.
"Oh cameras, make way world, Kid Flash is coming" Wally said then started to run to the cameras.
"What Kid, what would Batman say" I said having to be "that guy."
"But, but, but" he said then realized he shouldn't go and talk.
On our way back to the Cave, I had to mention the whole, who do you work for. So I spoke up and told everyone what I had heard.
"I think they were created by Cheetah and her evil woman group" I said.
"Ha, evil woman group" I heard someone laugh under there breath.
"But why" Roy said.
"I don't know, but they have something big planned coming up if that was part of it"