Chapter 25

Artemis

August 9

New World

The world was black, it was like I was in a deep sleep. Then I woke up, but it still felt like a dream.
I woke up to the sun shining in through a window. Then found myself in some random apartment and the first thing that went through my head was "what I am doing here."
On the bright side no one else was in the apartment but that was also the bad side. Where is my team?
I jumped off the bed and looked around for anything that could help me, but nothing.
Then there was a knock at my door.
I ran to it and without looking through the peek hole I opened it.
"Wa..who are you" I said to this man who was in his late 20s.
"Good morning miss, I am OQ37, I am here everyone morning"
"Let my rephrase the question. Who are you?"
"Miss, I am OQ37, this building's worker"
I gave him a clue to still show him I am clueless of what is happening here.
"I am here to your service. Wow you must have been up late last night partying for the celebration"
"You know me. I know you"
"Yes, I have been in this building for ten years now. You started to live here when you turned 16 a couple months ago. Now Miss, do you need me to do anything for you this fine morning"
"Ah, nothing, you can go" I said the closed the door in his face.
"Okay, where am I" I said.
Looking around the apartment I look for a phone or a computer.
I found my phone by my bed stand and called my mom.
"Hey mom"
"Oh, Artemis, how are you"
"Not good, where am I"
"Uh, I don't know. You should be in your apartment"
"No I am but where am I"
"Honey, what were you doing last night"
"I don't know"
"That's your problem, now why don't you get some sleep. I talk to you later, bye"
"But mom wait" she already hung up.
Then my phone rang.
"Hello"
"Artemis, it's me M'gann"
"M'gann, thank god, where are we"
"I don't really now but I think the time plate did more then we think. Look out your window"
I walked to the window and outside is a huge statue of Cheetah and some other villain women.
"Okay, this is getting really strange" I said
"Okay, you see the statue so we must be close"
"Oh yeah, I can see the face of Cheetah"
"Oh, I can see Cat Woman. We must be on opposite sides of town"
"Right"
"Let's meet at the state"
"Okay, be there soon"
I hung up on her and put some clothes on.
Surprisingly, my closet was full of clothes.
I put on jeans with boots and white tank then walked outside.
Everywhere was just women, well there were some guys but there were far more woman who looked richer I guess that how you put it.
I got to the statue and waited for M'gann. While waiting I try to put the pieces together.
'Why do only me and M'gann only know this is not right?'
'Where are all the men'
Then I got a crazy idea. What if Cheetah and those girls used the time plate to go back in time to make women higher then men. And me and M'gann don't remember this place is because it never happened. Since we were close to the time plate, it my have not affected us like it did to the others.
Crazy I know.
"Artemis" I heard someone say from behind me.
It was Kitty.
"Kitty, oh my gosh, don't ask. I have the same questions. M'gann will be here any minute"
"I heard my name" M'gann said from behind us.
"M'gann" I said turning around.
"Kitty, do you know where anyone else is" M'gann said.
"No, I just came out here for a walk to think about what happened"
"Speaking about that, what is doing on here" I said.
"I bet we can find all of our answers at the capital" M'gann suggested.
"That's easy, we just go to DC" Kitty said.
"I am not sure if it's the same, remember we are in a new world" M'gann pointed out.
"I am sorry for interrupting but I couldn't help but notice that you ladies need some help. What can I do for you" some random guy came up to us said.
"Ah" Kitty said looking at me.
"Ah, were is the capital and what's the fastest way to get there"
"Oh, must have had a lot of fun last night"
'Why does everyone keep mentioning last night'
"The capital is in Africa in Minerva and the fastest way to get is teleporting there"
"Thank you kind sir" M'gann said
I turned and gave her a look that said "what was that" but she just shrugged her shoulders at me.
"Okay, let's go" I said. 
"Wait what about the others" Kitty brought up.
"I don't have the slightest idea were they could be" I said.
"I could try to make a link with them if they are close by but they could be anywhere on this planet" M'gann told us.
Her eyes started to glow and she was working her stuff.
When back to normal she said "I got nothing, they are to far away"
"I know where some of them live, we could try there" I suggested
"Yeah. I think we should do that" Kitty said.
"Okay, to the teleports. We are going to Kansas"
We took a walk downtown to the "teleporters." There were massive lines, this seemed to be biggest way to transport here.
"Okay, there are like five billion lines. Which one do we go in" Kitty asked.
"Ah, let's spit and look around, I'll check a link" M'gann said.
"Okay" and we all parted to our own ways.
I walked down this long hallway and people were just standing in lines with bates waiting to be teleported. The lines had no labels so maybe in the machine you had to type in your location. I bumped into a man and asked him about the teleports and he confirmed me saying that you just told the machine where you want to go and it will take you.
'Guys, we can get into any line and it will take us anywhere' I said in the link
'Oh, that makes sense' Kitty said
'Maybe we should split up and go get different people' M'gann suggested.
'Yeah, even though I don't like separating I think it's a good idea' I agreed.
'Okay, meet here tomorrow around 5 with everyone you found' M'gann said 'I am going to go to Kansas, maybe Supergirl and Superboy are both there'
'I'll go to Russia' Kitty said
'Russia?' I asked.
'Uh, yeah, there is a mutant base their. Some of our team members could be there' she said but we all new she was going to look for Peter, Colossus. 
'Okay, I'll go Gotham City and some other cities around there' I said
We went into our lines to be teleported.
I found a small line and made my place in the line. It took about ten minutes to wait.
I opened the door to the teleport and as I walked in a computer asked me where I want to go.
"Gotham City please" I said then a blue light filled the teleport. It was kind of like a zeta beam.
Before I knew it, I was in Gotham City's teleporting hall.
I starting to walk around and again I noticed the same thing. More women then men, there were barely any men.
I new that Robin did a lot of work in Gotham with Batman so I decided to look around.
I saw an old women feeding some pigeons and asked her a simple question. "Hello, miss, I am looking for someone who goes by the name batman and robin"
"Who"
"Batman and robin"
"What silly names, I have never heard of them before"
I didn't have much luck with some other people, they just looked at me like I was a sick person.
I decided to call it a night. I stayed at a local hotel.
While walking up to my room, I had the strangest idea that someone was watching me. I feel asleep quick and before I knew it, it was already morning time. 
I woke up to the smartest idea I have had yet. I could call everyone on my phone. I don't now why I haven't though of it before.
In about ten minutes, I had found all the girls but none of the boys.
We decided to all meet in Minerva Africa. I have a feeling I will find out missing answers there.
I quickly got ready and made my way to the teleports. While leaving my room someone put there hands around my face. I grabbed for arms and I flipped we over and pusses her arm backwards.
"Who are you"
"Just an agent for the majesties" she said.
"Why did you attack me"
"You don't ask the question around here" she said then pushed me off and then we switch positions.
"Now, let me ask you something. Where did you hear the name Batman"
"What"
"Answer me"
"Never" I said then twist her legs. She let go of me.
"Wow, we are here again" I said pulling her hair while holding her down.
"Where did you learn to fight, wow girl"
"Don't ask just answer. Why did you attack me"
"Ugh fine. I was sent because you where asking about Batman. Who is Batman anyway" she said. I knocked her out and made my way out of the hotel and headed towards Africa.