Ch.40

Hey Lovelies!

I actually can update today! Yay! Please keep voting and reading. I can't believe this story already has 11.2k reads and almost 350 votes. Keep voting and reading so we can get this book on the charts!!

Thank you and I hope you like this chapter.

Harry POV

I stare at the woman in front of me. She was short and had short brown hair and dark blue eyes. She claims Steph as her daughter.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I haven't. Can I get your name? Maybe I can help you." I can't believe someone else is looking for her.

"Monica Flinn. Please help me. I haven't seen her in almost a month and I am starting to lose hope."

I am in awe. What is going on? "Yeah, I'll try."

"Thank you and have a good night."

I closed the door and walked to the hall. I stopped when I saw Steph with tears in her eyes. I run to her and hug her. Her tears start to wet my shirt and I pick her up and carry her to the bedroom.

"Do you recognize her voice?" I asked her.

She nodded and I looked at her. "Monica is my mom's name. But that voice belongs to one of my dad's sisters. No one knew where she went. She basically disappeared after my mom's death. We all thought she was dead. I remember her voice so vividly because she always wanted me to be with her, not my father. Her name is Julie. The last I heard, she was married to some crazy guy and have two kids."

I hug her and kiss her forehead. "Is she nice?"

"No. She was so mean and threatened both of my parents that if they don't treat me right, she will take me away. I guess she got attached to me and didn't even care for her own kid. She had a son who was older than me. I don't remember anything about him other than that he was 4 years older than me."

I nodded and stood up and took off my shirt. I asked Steph if she wanted to watch TV and she nodded. I grabbed the remote and flipped on the TV and put on Friends. She snuggled into my chest and I wrapped my arms around her. We watched the episode and she flipped it off. I held her and she fell asleep. I couldn't bring myself to sleep. This whole Julie-Monica thing has got my mind spinning. Why would this lady suddenly appear out of the blue and try to find Steph?

I can't think about any logical reason other than she saw the news and wanted her. I look down at Steph and see her sleeping peacefully. I smile and kiss the top of her head. God, I love her so much. I push her hair out of her face and wrap my arms around her tightly. I can't even think about her not being here. I hate the fact that people are chasing her. I feel like I am her safety net. And I love it. She finds safety and trust in me and I love her for that. I trust her so much that I would do anything for her.

I start to drift off into sleep and I realize something important. Something that I can't even wait until morning. I shake Steph and she groans.

"What?!" She groans.

"You said she has a son 4 years older than you?"

She nodded and glared at me.

"And she married some psycho?"

She nodded and her eyes went wide. "No," she said, "It can't be."

I nodded and I pulled her onto my lap and she clung onto me. I held her closely and she sobbed on my shoulder.

"Their my uncle and cousin?" she choked. I didn't know for sure but I was almost positive.

"I have a feeling yes. I am so sorry. I am here and I will protect you." She smiles and pecks my lips. She wraps her arms around my neck and I pull her close. I lay her down and tangle our legs. I put an arm around her waist and she placed her head on my chest. She took a deep breathe and soft snores escaped her lips. I finally relaxed, her in my arms, and knowing who that Julie is. I hold Steph closer to me and fall asleep.